Fitness age — TomTom Community

Fitness age

LauraMarie7LauraMarie7 Messages: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Can this feature be turned off? (Eg not just dismissed every day)
I have just moved from NZ to Aussie so my resting HR is higher in this heat wave....and the app has interpreted this as me dropping 10 years in fitness age which is really pissing me off. I'm considering getting a different watch because it's annoying me so much. Help??!

Réponses

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Messages: 15,772 Superusers
    There is no way to turn it off but you can just ignore it. And your resting HR has nothing to do with your fitness age. that is purely based on your estimated VO2Max, which is only calculated during runs and cycles when you are in Zone 3 or greater. If you have done less workouts in the heatwave, that is what is driving up your Fitness Age.

I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and while it does refine its readings over time, but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It uses your calculated VO2Max (which will be wrong as no watch can compute this) to calculate points. It is not the amount of exercise that matters, it is the intensity. Unless you are in Z3 or higher for a substantial part of your workout it will not change anything. If your workouts are walks or jogs or anything that is not intense, it will have no impact on the age and points. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately, I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.
  • LauraMarie7LauraMarie7 Messages: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes thanks I'm aware of all that. I'm a doctor and very active in multiple sports/disciplines so I'm aware of how it all works I simply wanted to know if it could be turned off. Thanks for the lecture all the same.
Connectez-vous ou Inscrivez-vous pour répondre.