Requirements for TomTom GO Mobile for Android — TomTom Community

Requirements for TomTom GO Mobile for Android

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
The TomTom GO Mobile app is compatible with Android smartphones (Android version 4.0.3 or higher) which have a WVGA screen resolution from 800 x 480 or higher.

The app is optimised to run on devices with screen sizes of up to 7 inches. The storage space required for the application is 45 MB. The storage space required for the map can vary depending on the map region you choose to download.

Please note, that the app is currently not compatible with devices with an Intel processor.

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    MikkoK wrote:
    The storage space required for the application is 45 MB.
    The current version of the app is a download of 90.16 MB.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    tgold wrote:
    The current version of the app is a download of 90.16 MB.

Thanks for bringing this up! The information comes from this FAQ. I'll ask the responsible team to check it.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Pedro109Pedro109 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I keep getting a message on my phone when I start TomTom that there is a new app called "Go Mobile" and a specially discounted price for existing customers. However, when I select the offer to install it then says "Error - The item you requested is not available for purchase."
  • UrielUriel Posts: 598 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    That's probably due to your location. The app isn't yet available on a few territories. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.
    Well, that's even more annoying. I would assume the offer would be location aware....but maybe not. It tells me if I don't take up the offer, I can still use the old app but won't receive any further updates. At the beginning of the month I renewed my annual subscription for traffic updates. Does that now mean I won't receive what I paid for or is there somewhere I can claim a refund?
    I don't see why your Traffic service subscription to the Navigation app will not continue until the end of the period you purchased. Mine was unaffected by my purchasing the discounted 3 year subscription to the GO app. However you may feel this is less than you deserve if there are to be no further map updates to the Navigation app to accompany the Traffic service. Ask TomTom Customer Service if there is any refund policy that covers your situation.
  • mvlmvl Posts: 3,150
    Superusers
    The website has been changed saying support for the old app (including map updates) will continue through October 2015. Also, it says existing subscriptions will continue through their end dates.
    Pedro109 wrote:
    I keep getting a message on my phone when I start TomTom that there is a new app called "Go Mobile" and a specially discounted price for existing customers. However, when I select the offer to install it then says "Error - The item you requested is not available for purchase."

Unfortunately, we were not able to release the new GO Mobile app in Australia now. We're working hard to release it there asap as well.

My apologies for the inconvenience!

Cheers, Mikko
    Mikko,
    I'm not particularly concerned that the new app is not available in my area at the moment.
    What is annoying, however, is the persistent nag screen which now pops up every time I open the app, offering me a special discount rate of A$1.44, which I then have to cancel and back out of. How do I turn that off?
  • grantstewgrantstew Posts: 83
    Staff
    Pedro, the pop up should only show 3 times in a row. After that you will no longer be interrupted with this screen. Hopefully, the new app will be available to you guys soon.
  • Nomadic WombleNomadic Womble Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Staff
    Co-ordinate entry is there:

Go to main menu
    Search
    Tap on the button with the little flag icon on it (probably "whole map" shown on the same button)
    Now you will get a list of search options, the bottom one is Co-ordinates.

Hope this helps
    grantstew wrote:
    Tap on the button with the little flag icon on it (probably "whole map" shown on the same button).
    ... unless it is the person in a bubble icon with Near me shown on the same button.
    Staff
    Hahah Dammmnnnn Tgold, you are roasting me on this topic! Of course, the icon changes on the button dependent upon which modifier is selected. There is a reason I am not a manual writer ;)

So....

Tap on the button below (portrait) or to the right (landscape) of the address text entry screen and you will be able to set your search criteria.

Is that OK?
    I apologize if my attempt to improve the help to Nomadic Womble appears to be my roasting of you.
  • Nomadic WombleNomadic Womble Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    grantstew wrote:
    Co-ordinate entry is there:

Go to main menu
    Search
    Tap on the button with the little flag icon on it (probably "whole map" shown on the same button)
    Now you will get a list of search options, the bottom one is Co-ordinates.

Hope this helps

Thanks, it did :-)

Well I've used practically every Android GPS nav app there has ever been and that is the most un-intuitive place to look! why hide it? surely it should be just after you hit search! not hidden under another strangely named "whole map" button.... Of course you'd be searching the whole map!!! why have another button, what else would you be searching? I would suggest you have all the options at the "search" level.
    Thanks for the info. It did pop up more than three times but (appears to) have finally stopped now. My question is, when it is available in Australia, will the pop up resume?
  • imhimh Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is GO MOBILE any way blacklisted for Blackberry OS? I use older v1.4 on my Blackberry and is running well. The installation of the new app (on BB Q10 OS 10.3.1) is working and then is possible to start download of any chosen map. But the download stops every time after +- 100 MB (X % depending on the size of the map) with message to check the internet connection. Old app v1.4 runs on this Blackberry still well - download of the whole Europe map and also all in-app purchases. But I would like to use the new one..
  • lukasmotanlukasmotan Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I installed version 1.4.1 on my Blackberry Z10 with newest OS 10.3.1, but I am not able to even get to main menu. I always end up with "Cannot connect to TomTom servers". Is there any way how to solve this problem? I would really enjoy it running as I use it on my wife´s LG G3S.

Thank you so much
  • KostisKostis Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,
    I have three android devices: an HTC One M7 (Android 5, 1920x1080), a Nexus 7 tablet (Android 5, 1280×800) and an ASUS Zenfone 5 LTE (Android 4.4.2, 1280x720). According to the specs that you mention at the beginning of the post, (Android>4.03, 800x480 minimum resolution) all my devices should be compatible with the TomTom GO Mobile app.
    However, I can install it on the HTC One and Nexus 7 but I cannot install it at the Zenfone 5. I cannot find the TomTom Go Mobile app at the google play app, and when browsing to the web site of google play through a browser, the possibility to install it to the Zenfone is greyed out (due to incompatibility reasons). All my devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and I live in the Netherlands.

Thoughts?
  • imhimh Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Try to install the TomTom directly, without Google Play. That means, download/get the installation *.apk file and start it from the file browser in Asus Zenfone device.
  • KostisKostis Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks for the tip. Yes, I was able to extract the APK from one device and install it to the Zenfone. It runs smoothly.

However, this means that the TomTom Go app it will not get updated automatically via Google Play. So, I assume that something is wrong with the definition of the APK in Google Play.
    Hi all,

According to our technicians the GO Mobile app is not compatible with devices with Intel processors. I have updated my post above accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

According to our technicians the GO Mobile app is not compatible with devices with Intel processors.
    It has been working fine on my Hudl2/Pegatron tablet that uses an Intel Atom Z3735D processor.
    tgold wrote:
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

According to our technicians the GO Mobile app is not compatible with devices with Intel processors.
    It has been working fine on my Hudl2/Pegatron tablet that uses an Intel Atom Z3735D processor.

Thanks for the confirmation! Did you get it offered for this device in Google Play Store?

Cheers, Mikko