Basic navigation — TomTom Community

Basic navigation

NiallNiall Posts: 10,821
Superuser
edited January 2019 in Forum feedback
There are no navigation buttons between topics

No option to show the latest reply as the first reply to be displayed as a default for all topics ( I know that for large threads there is an option displayed after the initial entry!! Try finding that in this thread https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-and-start-40-50-60-series-go-400-500-600-5000-6000-mydrive-176/new-software-update-v14600-available-for-download-mydrive-966578 :@ )

No option to decide how many replies are displayed on each page

When editing
Links to a URL have to be typed/displayed in full
No underling/bold/italics

Edit: Ah that's better but you still have to type the code '' rather than highlight at choose :? :(

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Niall,

Welcome back! :D

Customisation is indeed wanting on the new forum. We have a long list we're working on and we'll get there :D Navigation is definitely high on the list.

Regarding editing, please click the question mark on the down right.

Cheers, Mikko
  • GiangiGiangi Posts: 585 [Exalted Navigator]
    wow... do you really believe that typing BB codes manually is an "improvements"?

Please add to you list the option to "mark a topic read"...
    Hi Giangi,

It is on the top of the list :D

I understand your frustration with the new forum and believe me, I share much of it with you! But before commenting on every post on the board, please check the Known issues post and read my answers here. I've also updated the how to FAQs for the new forum.

I'll be happy to answer any remaining questions you might have and we're constantly updating our fix/improvement lists and prioritising them to make this a kickass forum again :D

Cheers, Mikko
    In my profile I can see "Solved (17)" but when I click on it the search reports "0"...
    Giangi wrote:
    In my profile I can see "Solved (17)" but when I click on it the search reports "0"...

That's not good :( We're still having some issues with posts from the old forum not showing up in the new one. I'll report this.

Cheers, Mikko
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,821
    Superuser
    @Mikko Can we please have a timeline of what 'InSided' have promised to improve and when.

• mvanbaakmvanbaak Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Giangi wrote:

It now shows the 17 answers of you :)
    Hi mvanbaak,

It looks ok to me. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing and the steps you're taking to get there?

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi mvanbaak,

It looks ok to me. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing and the steps you're taking to get there?

Cheers, Mikko

:) It indeed looks ok to me as well.
    I go to profile of Giangi:
    9a7f20ee-6c5a-4f1f-a96a-f280ba1843f0.png

And then when I click on the '17' after Solved I see indeed 17 posts now:
    c3adc0d2-120e-4d18-993b-7b603b8095e4.png

:) Have fun
    H mvanbaak,

I think I misunderstood you ;) So all good, right? (regarding this issue)

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    H mvanbaak,

I think I misunderstood you ;) So all good, right? (regarding this issue)

Cheers, Mikko

Yes, all good. Issue fixed. :)
    Superuser
    @Mikko Any news of the timeline?

Also would 'InSided' please conform to industry standards, as their slapdash code for this page alone creates "218 Errors, 181 warning(s) " see W3C Markup Validation Service

Particularly the lack of "An img element must have an alt attribute"
    Superuser
    @Mikko
    We are now over one month into this fiasco of a bad delivery of a mission critical software!
    Customers now need a step by step timeline of what is going to be delivered when.

Time the "corporate" team admitted they dropped the ball and fess up, and deliver their apology, and compensation package.

We are waiting
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    Are you also holding your breath? :D
    Superuser
    @Carminat
    I would have expired long ago.
    Even the promised deliveries in Mikko's much heralded features are running late / non-existent

"
    MikkoK wrote:
    What's coming?

As mentioned, we've been working hard to establish, prioritise and maintain a list of features and functionalities we'd like to have on this forum. The whole list is very long and also includes stuff for the backend we use to analyse and moderate the forum so I'll include here a few of the most significant ones (each consists of multiple items). Unfortunately, I don't have any ETAs for these to provide you, but I'll do my best to keep this list up-to-date and give ETAs if/when possible.
    • Show country on posts (from profile settings)
    • Status: This is being tested and expected to be delivered next week (11)
    • More BBcode support: e.g. fonts, colours, spoiler tag, signatures
    • Unread post status: Better visibility and management of read status of posts on board and topic level (e.g. jump to first unread post, view number of unread posts on topic/board, overview)
    • Edit posts: Allow users to edit their posts and subject titles any time (instead of the current 60 minutes)
    • Show device model on posts (from profile settings)
    • Full text editor
    • Search: Advanced search, search per category/board, user search
    "

Distinctly badly written airware
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hmm. Did you notice the one BAD thing going to be added?
    MikkoK wrote:
    Edit posts: Allow users to edit their posts and subject titles any time (instead of the current 60 minutes)
    How daft is that? As a Moderator on another couple of forums, I regard editing posts as an invitation to make everybody else look stupid, by changing your post after they've already answered them. When I rule the world, editing will be permitted ONLY until somebody else posts. And in the absence of a Preview button, it remains to be seen when I press GO whether I've managed to do the working BBCode for the quote.:?
    Carminat wrote:
    Hmm. Did you notice the one BAD thing going to be added?
    MikkoK wrote:
    Edit posts: Allow users to edit their posts and subject titles any time (instead of the current 60 minutes)
    How daft is that? As a Moderator on another couple of forums, I regard editing posts as an invitation to make everybody else look stupid, by changing your post after they've already answered them. When I rule the world, editing will be permitted ONLY until somebody else posts. And in the absence of a Preview button, it remains to be seen when I press GO whether I've managed to do the working BBCode for the quote.:?

Interesting idea. In the previous forum software users could edit their posts any time. I can't remember much misbehaviour around that feature. You could also see when the post was edited and it was customary to leave a note of the edit as well. We'd like to get back to that as soon as InSided get around to it.

Preview is definitely also on the list, but not very high and therefore not mentioned in my post. Meanwhile, check your post and edit it if e.g. the BBcode has gone wrong (I need to do it every now and then as well).

Cheers, Mikko
    ...the real Amazing Thing is that you are still here...
    I'm getting notification from this and another thread and so, just for curiosity, I come every now and then to see, but sooner or later I will just remove everything...
    I'm still amazed on how bad this migration has been done... :-(
    Superuser
    @Mikko
    It is time you pressed "InSided" to get their finger out as they have already done most of what people have been asking for if you look at these screen shots from the Philips forum which "InSided" claim as customer success story

a83bd6fa-38b1-42d2-811f-97adb7d67fbe.jpg

Note the message number top right;
    All icons have a 'mouse-over' pop-up description

33565650-b451-4354-92b1-036cfe52f527.jpg

Their message reply system has all the features that have been asked for, and there are three interface types available; the simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, illustrated is the 'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls' (user selectable)
    They also include a previous/next topic

0f195d84-e750-49c8-9e95-faec7388840c.jpg

At the bottom of the screen there is even the current time and permissions the user has.
    There is also an extensive 'Forum settings' that includes
    • Topic Display Mode: oldest/newest/...
    • Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 5,10,20,30,40
    • Default Topic Age Cut Off: day/.../week/.../month/.../year/all
    • Date & time options
    • Message Editor Interface
    So if "InSided" can have a 'success' with Philips why are they dragging their heels with TomTom
    Hi Niall,

I'm afraid, that's not a InSided forum.

Cheers, Mikko
    Superuser
    If it not an InSided forum then Philips is in breach of copyright as it has so many of the characteristics on an InSided forum.
    I spoke to a guy at InSided and he was very interested in the "look & feel" aspect of that site.
    Superuser
    @Mikkok

Yet another month has passed, and still InSided have yet to produce the goods regarding basic navigation around this forum ie
      Next/Previous post Identification of icons Code conforming to industry standards Editing of previous posts (
    which I note you seem to be able to do :@ )
    Superuser
    Niall wrote:
    @Mikkok

Yet another month has passed, and still InSided have yet to produce the goods regarding basic navigation around this forum ie
      Next/Previous post Identification of icons Code conforming to industry standards Editing of previous posts (
    which I note you seem to be able to do :@ )

1b4d39e8-33f8-4b25-b533-12effed33d05.gif

Superuser
    42aaf95d-f8fd-42b2-8352-30c94d8559c1.gif
    Superuser
    It has been over 4 months and InSided have yet to produce any new navigation tools to get around these forums and between topics.

@Mikko what are we waiting for? What is the delay?