It is Back at Last after a Week! — TomTom Community

It is Back at Last after a Week!

MikeJamesMikeJames Posts: 388 [Revered Navigator]
edited January 11 in Forum feedback
Well, that was an outrageously long down-time, quite inexplicable.

As for the new layout, immediate impression is - I don't like it.

I, like a few other people, have a screen that is wider than it is tall. The new layout seems to be in portrait mode where my screen is landscape.

Now, unnecessarily, it seems topic subjects are wrapped onto two lines if more than a couple of words - much harder to read than the old forum.

Now TomTom have gone done the same as they did with NAV4 devices and make a once excellent and ideal screen layout into something badly thought-out and micky-mouse.

And this before I've even *used* it! .... Where's the Bold/Undeline/Italic gone??? Yeah, I know they're there somewhere totally unintuitive.

Go back to the old forum if it won't take another week.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback!

Many things have indeed changed here. I'd recommend you to check the how to FAQs which have been updated for the new forum.

The design follows the new tomtom.com design. Could you post your feedback to the report post, please? And also mention you screen dimensions and resolution.

Cheers, Mikko
  • KenKen Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I think it's a huge improvement. Great design and easy to use.
  • Al13nAl13n Posts: 95 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Wow, still trying to take it all in... I know this much for sure: I'm glad the forums are back! I didn't realize how hooked I was until the boards were down for a week. I was checking in every day.
    Hi AI13n,

Welcome back! :D We're happy to be able to provide you with your regular dozes again ;)

To get started, please see the updated how to FAQs. And of course feel free to ask is something is not clear.

Cheers, Mikko
  • reearareeara Posts: 101 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I agree with MikeJames. I don´t like this new format at all.
    Perhaps this will be better for phones in vertical screen, but really bad for laptops or big screens.

When you enter in a topic.... Where is the link to go to the main menu?
  • roysneproysnep Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It's very easy to use and thats the important part!

what is paleo food
  • elliottjohnny622elliottjohnny622 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    User-friendly and a great design combo.
  • WillCWWillCW Posts: 584 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Well they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but really, "Easy to use" and "User friendly" are well wide of the mark. The view options available with the previous site are all gone, even the breadcrumbs lack all levels of the multiple forums. Looking for unsolved solutions? Click on that you get for all TT products and not just the one you are interested in. Crikey, there is no indication (bold to grey) of having read posts. This site is truly ugly.
    Hi all,

Thanks again for all your feedback!

Most of the items mentioned here have been addressed in other topics here and we're working on a backlog of things to improve on the new forum.

Cheers, Mikko