Activating Traffic on the iPhone — TomTom Community

Activating Traffic on the iPhone

revittrevitt Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
I have used the Go 740 for a number of years now and am replacing it with my iPhone.

I am trying to buy traffic for the iPhone but it wont let me as I have it on the Go 740.

I am not going to change my eMail address which is TomTom's advice.

I plan to sell the Go 740 so am happy to remove it from there, but I can't find a way to do this.

Does anyone know how I can do what should be a simple task.

Mike

Comments

• tahartahar Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
  • hope68hope68 Posts: 409 [Apprentice Traveler]
    not really sure what you're trying to do, but the traffic on the iPhone has nothing to do with the traffic on your 740, therefore you cant replace or transfer it.

For buying the traffic on the iPhone you need ur iTunes username and iTunes-password.

cu Peter

Unless you use a Navcore10 device, please make a back-up of your device before any changes!!!

All information given in good faith, but without guarantee! ;-) ....
  • davidalan99davidalan99 Posts: 46 [Outstanding Explorer]
    If you are getting rid of the 740 then you can do it this way

1) call TomTom support and have them cancel your 740 account and delete your email address

2) wait a few days for this to work it's way through the TomTom servers, just to be sure

3) confirm all is gone by:

a) open up the 740 and try traffic, there should be a message to the effect no services

b) open up TomTom home and try to log on, again since the account was deleted then you should not be able to sigh on

4) start TomTom on the iPhone and go to traffic and subscribe to the service

When you go to subscribe you do it in the application and then the application takes you to iTunes so you will need to enter your iTunes account and enter your password.  Please do not do this more than once, for each time you try to subscribe you will be billed, however all it will do is add another year onto your subscription.

This of coarse works in the USA, I do not know if it will work across the pond.  I had a 740 and a little problem after an upgrade of the iPhone version, and could not get the traffic to work on the iPhone, but it did work on my old 740 Live.  After several phone calls to service this is what was done and in a day my subscription was back
    TomTom iPhone 4
  • revittrevitt Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thank you for the update, I will follow you advice and see how I get on
  • hope68hope68 Posts: 409 [Apprentice Traveler]
    davidalan99 wrote:
    1) call TomTom support and have them cancel your 740 account and delete your email address

2) wait a few days for this to work it's way through the TomTom servers, just to be sure

3) confirm all is gone by:

a) open up the 740 and try traffic, there should be a message to the effect no services

b) open up TomTom home and try to log on, again since the account was deleted then you should not be able to sigh on

4) start TomTom on the iPhone and go to traffic and subscribe to the service

When you go to subscribe you do it in the application and then the application takes you to iTunes so you will need to enter your iTunes account and enter your password.  Please do not do this more than once, for each time you try to subscribe you will be billed, however all it will do is add another year onto your subscription.
    Hi David,

you're sure that this way his remaining subscription from the 740 will be transfered to his iPhone account without paying again?

I thought that it is not possible to transfer a LIVE subscription from a PNA to an iPhone account.

If it works, then its great news :-)

cu Peter

Unless you use a Navcore10 device, please make a back-up of your device before any changes!!!

All information given in good faith, but without guarantee! ;-) ....
  • davidalan99davidalan99 Posts: 46 [Outstanding Explorer]
    It is not tranferable
    TomTom iPhone 4
  • tomktomk Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I bought TomTom with lifetime maps and Ui want to put it on my iphone but i  just paid 200.00 for the one i bought I dont think i should be charged to put it on my phone/  I ony want to carry one thing.  Does anyone know if its possible to not have to pay twice 
  • pusaqallpusaqall Posts: 25 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Does Siri works with TomTom when it comes to maps and traffic information?image
  • darrelldavisdarrelldavis Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you, it works.
  • tobin-davidtobin-david Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I updated my live traffic then went to check and was taken through the process again it makes it look like I have paid £47.50 twice is this correct ...  want a phone number please.
  • AndiAndiAndiAndi Posts: 11,281 Superusers
    0845 161 0039
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.