Forum Support Needed Please - Support for Bringing Back Tom Tom Remote Control Device

Caveman_SteveCaveman_Steve Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited April 2018 in Travel lounge
Many years back I purchased a Tom Tom device with a separate remote control, thinking at the time I could not really see a use for it, how wrong I was. It makes life easier, driving safer and no need for reaching across the car to get to your Tom Tom.

To cut a long story short, there are no new Tom Tom devices that now have the remote control provided either as standard or as an optional extra. Speaking to Tech Support, apparently the Beta testers stated that they did not see a need for it and therefore it is no longer provided.

I have been advised that if there is enough support for them, then Tom Tom may bring them back, so what I am asking is for everyone who would like to see the remote control brought back, please show your support for this request and we may well get them back.

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    For what purpose would you use it? The juke box is removed, the latest range doesn't even have voice control or hands free. Just wondering what would you use the remote for.
  • Caveman_SteveCaveman_Steve Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I do not know about your use, but I have cause to make changes to my Tom Tom during my travels most days, traffic jams, changes in routes etc. At present if I did not have the current remote I would have to lean across and make changes, with the remote I can do it one handed and in the same driving position.
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    Depends on where do you put the device. There are some really good holders to avoid leaning over too much. I doubt we will ever see the remote again, unless they will implement mp3 player and such again.