Go Live 950 - NS_ERROR_FAILURE ??? How to remedy? — TomTom Community

Go Live 950 - NS_ERROR_FAILURE ??? How to remedy?

I am attempting to connect my Go Live 950 to my laptop and the TT website is recognizing my device, however my TT Home 2.0 software is not. I uninstalled all TT software and reinstalled it and still no response.

The returned failure code is: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsiProperties.get]. Report incident ID: 174753523

I trawled the web looking for answers however nothing is coming up. Does anyone have any suggestions otherthan throwing it out the window please?

Many thanks in advance.

Bradley

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,663
    Superusers
    Hi

A quick Google reports Error 0x80004005 denotes "Access denied".

Link to article :-

<font color="#0000ff"><font color="#0000ff">http://www.windowsanswers.net/articles/fix-0x80004005</font></font>

ATB YFM
  • deenanathbantwadeenanathbantwa Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am facing the same issue. I am trying to find a solution in the various forums. No help yet

39667i7C98428A2AC14F2B.png
  • MikeJamesMikeJames Posts: 388 [Revered Navigator]
    Best ask this in the right section: http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-x00-x10-x20-x30-x40-x50-HOME/bd-p/tomtom_go

The 950 uses the older (and better) 'Home' software to interface your PC and Satnav.

Devices in this section use the inferior 'MyDrive' software.
  • GiangiGiangi Posts: 585 [Exalted Navigator]
    bradley1000 wrote:

The returned failure code is: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsiProperties.get]. Report incident ID: 174753523
    I'm giving you some of the links I have saved; they may or not help you since are not specifically for your problem, but it's worth trying!

FAQ - TomTom HOME installation issues

Run TTH in compatibility mode

You may try to start from scratch again; please note that I'm running Seven, if you are on an older O.S. you may need to change the paths and/or the env variables that I have used! If UAC is enabled, you must do everything with the "Run as administrator" option!
    1. make a backup of your data somewhere (i.e. a folder on your Desktop or an external disk)
    • open TTH, select menu ToolsHome preferences, then tab Folders, copy the text from Backups (actually you will not need the last folder named Backup)
      39733i8690E9060D6AC9C3.png
    • close TTH
    • open Explorer and paste the copied path into the location, go back to the folder named TomTom; you should get something like this (ignore my Italian UI :D )
      39734i1264A2EA76E65EB9.png
    • copy that HOME folder somewhere (it my be quite big, depends on the map/backup! Mine is almost 6gb)
    • now delete the HOME folder!
    Uninstall TTH completely, give a run with a registry cleaner (I use CCleaner but there are many!)

Now delete any leftover, TTH uses two folders inside your profile: %APPDATA%TomTom and %LOCALAPPDATA%TomTom. Open both in Explorer (again do a copy&paste), each one has a HOME subfolder that you must delete.

Just in case, search and delete any TomT*.msi and any *.mst left! The folder you have to look for is %LOCALAPPDATA%Downloaded Installations{A3B6F29D-8B63-4455-9B0F-F4E6F86D22F6} (and here you'll find info about restoring the default permissions for that folder)

Reboot your pc and reinstall a fresh TTH downloaded from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/home2latest/TomTomHOME2winlatest.exe
  • Hi bradley1000,

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the usage of TomTom HOME. Your error refers to the fact that TomTom HOME cannot find/access all files/folders to function properly. You may resolve this issue by simple manually creating the folders for TomTom HOME. This is what you do:

Windows: Delete the TomTom folder in Application Data
    1. Go to Start > Run. (Windows Key+R)
    2. Write: %appdata%
    3. Delete the TomTom folder from here. 
    Windows:
    1. Go to Documents
    2. Create a folder called TomTom
    3. Inside the TomTom folder, create the folder HOME[/i]
    4. Inside the HOME[/i] folder, create the following four folders:
      1. Download
      2. Backup
      3. FromDevice
      4. Sharing
    Once completed, open TomTom HOME. [/i]This should now work as expected.

Hope this helps you in fixing TomTom HOME on your laptop.

Regards,

Wesley
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0