TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

GO 750 LIVE keeps restarting

124»

Comments

• onwa49onwa49 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi calibra2001,

I just want to let you know that your fix worked like a dream and helped me recover my Go Live 750. Many thanks.

While I was driving through Italy a week ago, my perfectly working TT suddenly went into recurring startup mode as described by many users above. This when I still had a planned route of some 1600 km to cover.

At least on my return home in the Netherlands I managed to fix the problem: fixed.cam definitely was the offending file.

Many thanks once again! 
  • calibra2001calibra2001 Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    You're welcome :)
  • starsofsoundstarsofsound Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The fault seems to be within the files that end in [.cam].

Delete these five or six files and your Satnav should spring back to life.
  • ChrisL1ChrisL1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi many thanks for your post Calibra! I was halfway through France when my Tomtom Go Live 750 crashed and kept restarting. Fortunately I have a laptop and usb lead so I can connect the tomtom device mount from the car into my laptop and found your invaluable information!  I deleted the fixed.cam in the statdata folder and it is working again, phew!
  • ZL21ZL21 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    GO Live 750 user:

Indeed, simply by deleting *.cam files all the "restarting loop" problem was solved in my case.

In practice it was only one file (in my case) found in the directory (memory) of my device - deleted while my TOM-TOM device was connected to my MS Vista computer.
  • ZL21ZL21 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    GO Live 750 user:

Indeed, simply by deleting *.cam files all the "restarting loop" problem was solved in my case.

In practice it was only one file (in my case) found in the directory (memory) of my device - I have simly deleted it while my TOM-TOM device was connected to my MS Vista equipped computer.

There was no need to wipe/re-install my device - I have only  deleted ONE *.cam FILE!!

Now it works fine!
  • parcelmanparcelman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    many thanks for the information spent hours trying to sort this until i got on the forum, all fixed and working like a dream, thanks so much for the information  
  • Clarkie70Clarkie70 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too have this problem and tried the fix noted in

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-x00-x10-x20-x30-x40-x50-HOME/Continual-reboot-official-solution/m-p/234845/highlight/false#M6177

however this stopped my device from booting completely at first so had the do the procedure again.. today tried using device again and yes, the device rebooted 4 times on a 30 mile journey.

This is particularly awkward as there is now a leagal prompt (what a pain).

I would really like to fix this as I ave been suffering for nearly 9 months, but tried almost everything here.. Next step is turning off bluetooth it seems.

Will update on the success (or not)
  • ChrisL1ChrisL1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I don't know why but after 1 month of normal use the same problem happened again where my TomTom just kept rebooting.  I tried just deleting the fixed.cam from the statdata folder but this time it didn't work.  I then created a subfolder inside the statdata folder and moved all the files into there, including some log files, rebooted the device and thankfully it now works again. 

It would be far better if TomTom could fix this, even if just by doing a reset it cleared out this folder it would be better.  I've had TomTom devices for years and not had this problem before.
  • jadonxjadonx Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Calibra, glad I found this post. I moved old statdata folder to desktop and replaced with one from last backup using explorer and now works again.

I had just done map update and the 750 just kept rebooting. This happened about a month ago when in the south of france. That time I formatted internal memory and moved across old back up but this is alot quicker fix:D
  • Martin_WMartin_W Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    This worked for me - I just renamed fixed.cam to .cam_HLD and the problem was resolved.  (I think I lost the TomTom speed camera warnings for a while but they reappeared after a few days).

It seems to me that the file gets re-created when you next do an update.
  • stevemount1stevemount1 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I thought the problem had gone away but it has returned. After almost a year of no reboots it all went wrong this week and has rebooted about 10 times. Does anyone know if tom tom have sorted this problem and come up with an answer? I am a coach driver and rely on my satnav . other drivers have switched to garman and advise me to do like wise. But I like TT and want to stay. However this needs sorting.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online32

Keireen
Keireen
TomTomlostmyaccount
TomTomlostmyaccount
YamFazMan
YamFazMan
+29 Guests