Problem with Europe map after GPS update.

Bledip
Bledip TiranaRegistered Users Posts: 4
Novice Seeker
Hello,

Yesterday I did a few available updates on the GPS but when I finished I was not able to use the map and the GPS anymore.
The error I received is "Problem with map, You cannot use this map on this device: Central_and_Eastern_Europe-101259".
Can you please help, how can I resolve this ?

Kind regards
Bledi

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,531
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Bledip
    Welcome to the community!
    Map activated, just remove the existing map first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,531
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Bledip
    Welcome to the community!
    Map activated, just remove the existing map first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Bledip
    Novice Seeker
    edited July 15
    Hello Vikram,

Thank you for the quick response.
    As I'm completely new could you please assist me a bit more.
    How can I remove the existing map and how do I find the new one through TomTom Home ?
    Note that due to the age of my device I cannot add or buy a map through the TomTom app (see attached)z3o5oi2mkwx5.png.

Regards
    Bledi
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,157
    Elite Voyager
    edited July 15
    Hi.

Click Manage My Device in TomTom HOME and then select the Items on Device tab.

Expand Cards and then select the card you want to remove.

Click Delete Selected Items

Click OK to delete the card.

• Bledip
    Novice Seeker
    @Willy875 Thank you for your support. I was able to locate the file map that needs to be deleted.
    @VikramK I was also able to see the new Europe map in the "Update my XL" section of TomTom HOME.
    Although it looks a great map with a lot of information (a lot more than my original one) there is one issue: It's size is 2543 MB whilst my overall device size is just 1885 MB (I have the XL 4ET03 model). The existing map covering Central and Eastern Europe is 1265 MB. Including the available free space, my device can support a map up to 1700 MB.
    So, could you please provide a map with a lower size (which should include also my home country Albania).

Regards
    Bledi
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,157
    Elite Voyager
    you have to wait until Monday. to see if moderator @VikramK can add a smaller map.
  • Bledip
    Novice Seeker
    I managed to install a smaller version from the full map and it seems ok now.
    So no more actions needed.
    Regards