No maps on Android Auto screen after v8.369

Narmonono
Narmonono Registered Users Posts: 263
Exalted Navigator
Hello moderators,
Since version 8.369, there is no map displayed, only a blue background despite restarting, clearing the cache!

Comments

• Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    I forgot to mention that this problem only exists with android auto on the car screen.
  • JohnS14a
    JohnS14a Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same issue now.
  • Duke178
    Duke178 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    I also have this issue. I uninstalled the app, hoping that the update just hadn't worked, but on reinstall but the problem remains.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,004
    Thanks, everyone! I'll check this with the team and get back to you.

Best, lampard
  • lampard
    It's already being investigated and I'll post back here once I know more.

Thanks again!
    lampard
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Thanks
  • JohnS14a
    Apprentice Traveler
    Still no fix for this?
  • batedimo
    batedimo Registered Users Posts: 12
    Master Explorer
    same here :(
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Since the release on April 27, still nothing!
  • NFoDoo
    NFoDoo AmstelveenRegistered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Have the same problem on my Motorola G60S running Android 11 and the latest automatically updated versions of Android auto and TomTom Amigo. For me it sometimes helps to clear cache of both apps.
  • lampard
    Hello everyone,

Sorry to hear about your experience! The team is already working on a potential fix for this issue and should be available in beta soon. I'll keep you posted!

Best, lampard
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello Lampard,
    I hope the time frame for the new version indicates that we will have new options that are long overdue!!!
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello everyone,
    New version proposed since May 11, I haven't tried it to find out if the problem is solved but of course nothing new compared to the various requests made by users!
    Too bad !!!
  • lampard
    edited May 12
    @Narmonono A fix has been deployed for this issue in the version 8.380 (beta) released yesterday. Give it a test run and let us know how it goes!

Best, lampard
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    As soon as I take my car, I will give feedback!
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    edited May 12
    While the cards are the same return if I got an error message that says Amigo has encountered a problem and the stop!
    To see if this message will come back or not.

Have a good day
  • Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    I just noticed that the view angle of the map is not the same since the update to 8.380!
    Since then, the sky has completely disappeared and it reappears a little bit when you click on the car screen (android auto) and then disappears again when the buttons disappear! What is good with this angle of view is that at night, the sky will therefore be absent and will no longer dazzle at all, but the sky is still missing a little!
    What would be nice is to have a little bit of sky because the graphics are beautiful!
  • JohnS14a
    Apprentice Traveler
    Working for me again now since the last update. However, I have my distances set to miles and yards but it will only give me miles and feet with the voice.
  • lampard
    edited May 13
    Narmonono wrote: »
    Since then, the sky has completely disappeared and it reappears a little bit when you click on the car screen (android auto) and then disappears again when the buttons disappear! What is good with this angle of view is that at night, the sky will therefore be absent and will no longer dazzle at all, but the sky is still missing a little!
    Can you post a screenshot of this, please?

JohnS14a wrote: »
    I have my distances set to miles and yards but it will only give me miles and feet with the voice.
    This is already being looked into, the issue seems to be only with the voice instructions. The investigation shows that speed camera warnings are correctly using miles/yards, while the navigation ones are those with the wrong imperial distance unit (let me know if it's not the case). I'll post back once this is resolved!

Best, lampard
  • JohnS14a
    Apprentice Traveler
    lampard wrote: »
    JohnS14a wrote: »
    I have my distances set to miles and yards but it will only give me miles and feet with the voice.
    This is already being looked into, the issue seems to be only with the voice instructions. The investigation shows that speed camera warnings are correctly using miles/yards, while the navigation ones are those with the wrong imperial distance unit (let me know if it's not the case). I'll post back once this is resolved!

Best, lampard

Yes that's correct.

• Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello Lampard,

Here is a photo of the card without the sky
    y41ffj7th10l.jpg

And here is the card after pressing the car screen where we see a little sky
    x96ursd1varc.jpg

Personally as I said, with a little sky it is more beautiful but above all it will be less dazzling at night as many people had pointed out.
  • lampard
    Narmonono wrote: »
    Personally, as I said, with a little sky it is more beautiful but above all, it will be less dazzling at night as many people had pointed out.
    Yes, the team did change the tilt angles lately. It is for temporary corrections to the issue/feedback of a more flattened map and horizon area in drive mode which we discussed in earlier threads. More improvements are incoming to this!

Best, lampard

• Narmonono
    Exalted Navigator
    Thank you very much for the return.
    Hopefully more improvements will come soon other than map tilt!
  • damchoch
    damchoch Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    After last update from 11th May AmiGo Beta maps are again visible in Android Auto. Thank you for this fix.
  • NFoDoo
    NFoDoo AmstelveenRegistered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Have done several trips with latest version and all works ok for me now.