TomTom watch is not recognized by Sports Connect, what should I do ?

Geetudhillon
Geetudhillon Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
edited April 21 in TomTom Sports
My tom tom watch is not detected by Tom Tom Connect , what should I do ?

Comments

• Geetudhillon
    New Seeker
    My tom tom watch is not detected by Tom Tom Connect , what should I do ?
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,004
    edited April 20
    Welcome to the Community, @Geetudhillon! Do you see the watch charging when connected to the computer? If it is charging, it means the dock is working. (Try a different USB port and check if the USB drivers need updating.)

tfarabaugh wrote: »
    Make sure it is fully snapped into the charging cradle and the cradle is not damaged. If it does not have a full connection it will charge but it will not be recognized by the computer. Check that none of the pins on the dock are bent or pressed in, as that will prevent a connection. if they are, pry them out with a pin and call Support for a replacement. It seems simple but this is generally the issue.

Best, lampard
  • Geetudhillon
    New Seeker
    Hi Lampard,

Thanks for your reply, I have changed the USB ports but still getting the same issue. I will try to update the USB driver and check again
  • Geetudhillon
    New Seeker
    Hi Lampard,

I have updated the driver but I am still getting the same issue. What else can I do to fix the issue?

Thanks and Regards,
    Vivek Singh
  • HvdW
    HvdW Registered Users Posts: 41
    Renowned Wayfarer
    edited April 20
    Two more things to try.
    Install the TomTom Sports app on your smartphone and see if you can connect using BT.
    Install the TomTom Sports Connect software on a friend's computer and test if it works.

I remember once having an issue where one of the two - TomTom Sports on smartphone or TomTom Sports on computer - didn't connect.
    I tried the other option and from that point on both worked like expected.

The other thing mentioned by @lampard here and @tfarabaugh in other posts is the USB port. On my computer I cannot connect on one (the most worn out) USB port and it works like a charm on the other.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Also make sure you check the pins on the dock and the contacts on the watch. Thepins need to be straight and fully flexible and the contacts need ot be clean of any grime.
  • HvdW
    HvdW Registered Users Posts: 41
    Renowned Wayfarer
    edited April 22
    Plus check for greenish corrosion on the contact points of your watch caused by sweat and smear. You can clean it with a cotton swab or something alike.
    (sorry, a bit doubling @tfarabaugh 's post)
  • lalo0
    lalo0 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    leo las recomendaciones arriba expuestas, probare limpiando y revisando que no este sucio o dañado los pines de contacto, mas tampoco transmite la informacion de la actividad al telefono movil el reloj
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    lalo0 wrote: »
    leo las recomendaciones arriba expuestas, probare limpiando y revisando que no este sucio o dañado los pines de contacto, mas tampoco transmite la informacion de la actividad al telefono movil el reloj

Cleaning the contacts will have no impact on connecting via mobile phone, this is only for connecting via computer. You should reset the phone connection following these steps. First you need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch (may not work if you can't connect via computer so skip it in that case), reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.