Can't download latest map update, is there an issue with TomTom servers?

patchtaxi
patchtaxi Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
ive tried to download the latest map update for my tomtom via 135 for the past 6 days (and several times a day) but keep get a panel that says there is an issue please try again

also asks me to upload error logs (which I've done), I've also uninstalled MyDrive Connect and reinstalled it, but still won't download.

Can any TomTom employee from customer service help with an answer to this issue, please send me a reply to my gmail address.

Comments

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,047
     Superuser
    Hi and welcome to the Forum where TomTom users help each other.
    Try to log out in MyDrive Connect, then restart the PC via the Startmenu and then log in mydrive connect again. I hope it then should work.
  • patchtaxi
    patchtaxi Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Thanks
  • micky69
    micky69 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY TOM TOM UPDATING FROM MY COMPUTER FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS I TRIED SEVERAL TIME TO DOWNLOAD THE THE TOM TOM START BUT IT STILL DID NOT WORK SO I WENT IN TO THE SETTINGS AND FOUND THERE WERE A LOT OF DOWN LOADS SO I DELETED THEM ALL AND DID A RESTORE OF MY TOM TOM AND NOW WHEN I TURN ON MY COMPUTER AND HAVE MY SAT NAV PLUGED IN TO MY COMPUTER WAIT A COUPLE OF MINUITS IT COMES UP AND SCREEN AND IT TELLS ME WHAT UP DATES ARE AVAILABLE I JUST CLICK ON THEM AND IT JUST UPDATES IN A COUPLE OF MINS ITS GREAT NOW I CAN KEEP IT UP DATE EVERY TIME I PLUG MY SAT NAV IN
  • Texw
    Texw Registered Users Posts: 3
    Novice Seeker
    My problem is similar although I did manage to download the software update eventually after uninstalling the MyDrive connect and reinstalling it but now my UK mapping is corrupted and it doesn't appear on my list of available maps as it should so that I can attempt to reload it and I have lifetime maps so it should. My personal view is that the Tom Tom support system is rubbish as there is no way I've found of contacting them direct to resolve such issues only through the forums
  • Texw
    Novice Seeker
    Update from my last post the problem is with MyDrive connect it had corrupted the computer which when I rebooted (Windows 10) said it had to do a windows repair then the MyDrive kept coming up with an error and wouldn't start so I uninstalled it yet again and re installed it and now I seem to be getting things back to normal
  • Texw
    Novice Seeker
    Yet another update, I am still no better off the UK maps on the device are corrupted and the system will not allow me to remove them and re install so still unable to use my Rider 450 in the UK. so I am left with an expensive device which is useless and with no way apparently of being able to talk to Tom Tom direct my only thoughts are that although when it worked I was most impressed now it would appear down to Tom Tom software updating rendering my device virtually unusable I will no longer consider Tom Tom and will go with a competitor and hope for better reliability. I also note in looking at other posts for other devices this is not an isolated incident so even more reason not to use Tom Tom again
  • Genervt2
    Genervt2 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited May 10
    I bought TomTom Go Premium and supposedly updated the map of Europe. Unfortunately, the card from 2019 is still on it.
    I can't update again because everything is supposed to be up to date. Traffic doesn't work either. Should be a problem.
    I read that you should reset. Is everything gone then? Can someone help me.

Mod edit: Machine translated [German]
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,954
    Superuser
    Hi @Genervt2

Look back here later to see what @VikramK has to say after he has checked your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,064
    Hi @Genervt2
    Welcome to the community! Could you check for updates now?

Regards,
    Vikram.