Go 5100 maps update

Clare113
Clare113 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
I have a Go 5100 with lifetime maps but I am not being offered any maps to update. I want to download some USA maps and update Europe. I have looked on the list of devices not supported and I cant see the Go 5100 listed

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,004
    Revered Voyager
    Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.
  • Clare113
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ok - thank you.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,068
    Hi @Clare113
    I don't see any issues with map update services on your GO 5100.
    Could you check if you are able to update a smaller map without the memory card inserted?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Clare113
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Vikram - when I press update I am not being shown what is already installed on my device. Where it says update available I press the down arrow and it is only offering me map updates to buy. I tried taking out the memory card and it made no difference.
  • Clare113
    Apprentice Traveler
    I realise I probably should have put @Vikram in my reply
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,068
    Hi @Clare113
    Before you click on update, could you click on 'My Content' tab in MyDrive Connect to see what is offered?

qs2cpm8f19kb.png

Some screenshots here will be helpful to understand what's happening.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Clare113
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @Vikram - apologies. I realise I had made a mistake in what I was trying to do. I have now successfully updated the system software, speed cameras and Europe and Uk.

However I am still having trouble with the USA.

My current set up is as follows:

USA & Canada with South Atlantic buildings on device - 6692mb with 170 mb free
    Europe(8304mb) and UK and ROI(869mb) on sd card with 5246mb free

From the menu I selected the change option to USA & Canada with US West south Central Buildings. It told me there was room on my device.

The download worked fine and it said it was updating device but nothing appeared on the screen and despite leaving overnight it did not update.

I have tried rebooting the computer, the sat nav, making sure I am logged in. Everything is activated and network status ok.

I have considered uninstalling the current USA map first however I was wondering if the buildings option will still be available to me or if that whole menu item will disappear?

The other question I have is do I need Europe for the UK maps to work? I was wondering if I delete Europe then maybe it would give me the option to update on the sd card?

Many thanks for your help

Clare