Go Discover 6 Inch which mount and charger

MattTrigg
MattTrigg Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
edited May 2 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Can anyone advise which mount and charger I need to buy for the above so I can use it in a separate vehicle?

Many thanks

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,956
    Superuser
    Hi @fergussion

That mount you have recommended https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/7-inches-active-magnetic-mount/. says it is for the 7" Discovery and Expert models and so would not fit a 6" model. The picture in the link is for the wrong Holder as it does not show the knurled Nut tightener that the 7" mount has so I think the picture is for the mount he wants but not necessarily what he would receive.

Doug
  • MattTrigg
    Apprentice Seeker
    That link is for the 7 inch....I have the 6 inch.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @MattTrigg

Glad you spotted it. I have raised this with TT as the picture is what you want but not what it says you would get. They do not appear to be listing a mount for the Discover and Expert so need @VikramK or @lampard to advise what the situation is.

Doug
  • MattTrigg
    Apprentice Seeker
    Lol, not good.....wrong photo etc. Glad I asked as I don't seem to be able to find information on the right mount anywhere
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @MattTrigg

The 7" device mount are different as they have a knurled nut on the unit to help tighten the connection swivel as the 7' devices are heavier and so the standard mount would struggle to maintain the unit in its position.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,985
    Revered Voyager
    MattTrigg wrote: »
    Can anyone advise which mount and charger I need to buy for the above so I can use it in a separate vehicle?

Many thanks

Look on Amazon if not available on the Tomtom site support for GO 5200 and 6200, Go Premium adapts to GO Discover 5" and 6".
  • MattTrigg
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you
  • Tonyruby67
    Tonyruby67 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I am having the same problem i have purchased the magnetic docking - picture shows the wrong one , how do i return it ?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Tonyruby67

Contact TT via Chat

There have been no phone lines to Customer Support since the start of Covid and no indication that the facility will return.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message however I r3commend you concentrate on Chat.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • MattTrigg
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you all, are we saying that the click and go mount here will work with a go discover 6 inch?

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/click-go-mount-charger/
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @MattTrigg

If you look at that Mount it says that it is not compatible with the Go Discover units. I think you will find that the Mount fits the 5" and 6" models but not the 7" units. I have raised this with TT as they may be saying not compatible because of the Charger with the mount offered may not be best suited for the Go Discover devices.

Doug
  • MattTrigg
    Apprentice Seeker
    I'll have to keep searching.......much easier if TomTom just listed one as clearly they make them as the unit ships with one

I'm sure I'm not the only one switching between vehicles lol.