LIfetime updates for a supported sat nav?

gb_un17
gb_un17 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I have a TomTom GO600 which is still classed as a supported device. Why am I being charged to update maps? I thought TomTom still honoured lifetime updates to supported devices.
Tagged:

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,973
    Revered Voyager
    Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,064
    Hi @gb_un17,
    Welcome to the community! I reviewed the services on your TomTom and I don't see any issues with map update service.
    There is probably not enough space to install the newer version of the map on the internal memory.

Using a branded class 10- 16 GB SD for memory expansion should help.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900980

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • gb_un17
    gb_un17 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Why can’t I just delete the maps currently stored? That looked to be an option in MyDrive app but doesn’t seem to be available to me now?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,955
    Superuser
    Hi @gb_un17

The TT software will not allow you to delete all the maps on a device as the presence of a map is required as part of the boot up process. If you are seeking to download an update of the only map on the unit and the new map version has increased in size such that it will not fit on the device leaving some free memory which the unit requires for operating purposes then you will need to add an extra memory card. Also if your internal memory has less than 400mb of internal memory then the performance of the unit can be degraded.

Doug