SaT NaV START VERY VERY SLOW

Adamvet
Adamvet Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Hi, I'm owner of TomTom Go5000. My sat nav start very very slow around 15 minutes. When I put divice on sleep after one day battery is run out completly 0%, then to start agian it take 15 minutes at least. I have changed battery but nothing has changed. Whant I need to do to back my devices to good working order?

Comments

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 354
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Adamvet
    try factory reset or recovery
  • Adamvet
    Adamvet Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    I did factory reset and recovery couple times doesn't help.
    I would like to sent my divice to tomtom for repair but I don't know who to do it?
    How I can contact to them some advisor who is not boot?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,953
    Superuser
    edited May 3
    Hi @Adamvet

How muchInternal free memory do you have. The operating system of TT devices uses circa 400mb of the internal memory for operating purposes, like Ram memory on a PC, and if the available free memory is very limited then the units performance will be affected.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,998
     Superuser
    edited May 3
    Hi
    @Adamvet
    welcome to the site...
    The early NAV4 devices like your GO 5000 the Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update...
    If your device has the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators pick this type of problem and add a Small local Map 'OR' a 'New smaller Map set' to the Account to get past the 'Catch22'
    Note... You may also receive a 'No Maps Found' error warning on the device....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043
    Also Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Free Space.... 400MB is considered the bare mimimum, the more 'Free space' the faster/resonsive the device will operate....

Also users are finding that logging out of MyDrive in the Setting menu on the device is beneficial....
    I have multiple Tomtom devices, so I have always logged out of MyDrive in the Setting menu on the devices by default (So I can't comment if it's beneficial or not) ???
    Logging out of MyDrive fix for Multiple device using one Account
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1725859/#Comment_1725859

Stay Safe ATB YFM