I have purchased new maps that required me to download TomTom Home, My device uses My Drive Connect.

biotaman
biotaman Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
I completed the purchase but the new maps are not accessible by My Drive Connect. They are shown in TomTom home but as there is no device connected there is no download option.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,005
    Revered Voyager
    In my opinion, at the time of purchase, you did not select the 60 GB account.
  • biotaman
    Apprentice Seeker
    It was not an option given to me. I followed the update path and ended up where I am, with purchases that I cannot use due to Tom Tom's IT system.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account.
  • biotaman
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited May 2
    Hi Noor,
    Many thanks for your assistance in this matter.
    The device serial number is : WNxxxxxx42
    Regards
    Steve.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

WN is a Start 60 / Via 620 (2012), 4 GB which is updated via Mydrive connect.
    In my opinion, you purchased the service for an old GPS that you own.
  • biotaman
    Apprentice Seeker
    I connected vie my drive connect. selected update maps and was switched to the TomTom shop where the world maps were the only option so I purchased them. On trying to upload them to my device I was required to load Tom Tom home, which I did, but then TomTom home does not recognise my device. I was offered a UK map upload so I purchased that as that was what I wanted originally...but that too will only load via TomTom Home and is not recognised by My Drive Connect that still does see my device but not the purchased updated maps.
    The problem is that tom tom home and tom tom my drive connect do not appear to communicate to each other.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,960
    Superuser
    Hi @biotaman

You have already raised this on another post and the answer given to you to await for one of the Mods @VikramK to look art this and respond is the answer. he will be able to see if the purchase has been allocated to your account and whether you need to contact Customer Support.

If you need to contact Customer support then try the following.

There are no phone lines working since the start of Covid.-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message however I waould recomed you try and use the Chat facility

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,070
    Hi @biotaman,
    Welcome to the community!
    The order for the map has not been assigned to your TomTom account yet.
    Please get in touch with our customer service along with the order number to help you sort this out.

See steps in Doug's post above...

Regards,
    Vikram.