Premium Services Renewal Issue- TomTom GO Discover

Moose73
Moose73 Registered Users Posts: 12
Apprentice Traveler
edited May 30 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
So my premium services expired on 18/4/22, just before this I renewed them via the email reminder from tom-tom. However, these are now shown as expired on the unit (Discovery Go 7"). I have tried updates via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth. factory reset to no avail.
My account on the website shows the new services as active till 12/4/23 thou?

BTW - tom-tom support has been none existent. Don't think anyone is reading their emails there and certainly not responding.

any ideas?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,050
    edited May 20 Answer ✓
    Hi @Moose73
    I reviewed the services on your TomTom and I see the Premium Services you renewed are now active till 12/04/2023.

The services showing expired on the device is a known issue, and we have raised a ticket for it-CCARE-3518

Your GO Discover should continue to receive updates a usual.

Thanks,
    Vikram.

Answers

• VikramK
    edited May 20 Answer ✓
    Hi @Moose73
    I reviewed the services on your TomTom and I see the Premium Services you renewed are now active till 12/04/2023.

The services showing expired on the device is a known issue, and we have raised a ticket for it-CCARE-3518

Your GO Discover should continue to receive updates a usual.

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Moose73
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for the reply.
  • Danete
    Danete Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited April 24
    Hello,

I'm having the same issues as the person who started this thread. Indeed, I paid for the update on 16.04.2022 but I failed to update the device (Go Discovert 7).

I contacted TomTom customer service and they told me to reset the whole device then delete MyDrive and then reinstall everything. Unfortunately, after performing these operations, the update of the device still does not take place.

What should I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Mod edit: Machine translated (French)

• VikramK
    Hi @Danete
    The GO Discover 7 does not require MyDrive Connect to update.

You can just connect it to a Wi-Fi® internet connection and check for updates on the device itself. (When performing updates, don't connect the device to a computer using a USB cable)

I reviewed the subscriptions, I see the order for 1-year GO Discover Premium Service is active on your account.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • HTTX
    HTTX Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hello I have also the issut that my TOMTOM Go Discover 7" state that my subscription will end on Apr. 30, 2022. But on My Account I have an Order that startet already on Apr. 5, 2022 for another 1 Year. Can someone check that for my devices.
    The Question is also why the prolongation sucscription has startet not after the end of the first one year subscription instead on Apr. 5?
  • VikramK
    Hi @HTTX

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message by clicking on this link-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/messages/add/VikramK, please ?

Thanks, Vikram
  • ShortsMan
    ShortsMan Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Similar to above. I have a Go Discover 7 and renewed my Premium service yesterday. However the device says it has expired whereas my account says that it is active. Help, please
  • Moose73
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited May 15
    Update on mine, support maintain everything is working fine but there is a known issue which displays they have expired. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks, that the fuel prices are not even close to reality, by at least 15-30p a litre out. I haven’t seen any that are correctly shown. Note mine is set to diesel.
  • Bmambs
    Bmambs Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I have the same issue with my Go Discover...I renewed my premium services subscription on 02/05/22 but nothing's working. The device states that my speed camera subs is active but I drove past 2 speed cameras in my area that have been there for years and I received no warning. Every other tomtom device that I've owned warns me about those speed cameras. I have reset my device but nothing's changed.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,949
    Superuser
    Hi @Bmambs

Look back here later to see what @VikramK has to say after he has checked you units settings on the TT servers

Doug
  • jonboegelund
    jonboegelund DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi. Like above. I have a Go Discover 7" and renewed my Premium service 15/5/2022. The device says it has expired 10/05/2022. My account says Status=active. I have tried to reset the device. But no prices or speed cameras are shown on the device.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,933
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

@jonboegelund

Services showing expired on device is a known issue, Tomtom has created a ticket for this - CCARE-3518.
  • VikramK
    Hi @Bmambs @jonboegelund

If you see that your GO Discover shows the services are expired, then that's probably because of an ongoing issue @Willy875 mentioned above.

Speed cameras updates are installed along with the monthly map updates on the GO Discover. When did you recently install a full map update?
    Hi. Like above. I have a Go Discover 7" and renewed my Premium service 15/5/2022. The device says it has expired 10/05/2022. My account says Status=active. I have tried to reset the device. But no prices or speed cameras are shown on the device.

I don't see a device linked to your TomTom account. Unfortunately, not able to check the status for the services.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • jonboegelund
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks. I've tried to link my device to my account, using TomTom MyDrive Connect on my pc, but when I log into my account on the device as described, it says, "One moment" and then nothing happens. When on Wifi or Bluetooth I can easily log in. Am I doing it the wrong way?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @jonboegelund

You do not connect your GO Discover to your PC and MyDrive Connect to get updates etc

With the Go Discover detached from the PC and connected to your Wifi Tap Menu/Settings/Updates and New items and you will find Map updates there weekly and Monthly a Whole Map update.

Doug
  • jonboegelund
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks. I know, but as @VikramK mentioned, it looks like I have not linked my device to my account, so how do I do that, if not using MyDrive Connect.
  • thejbrown
    thejbrown Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi I paid for premium service renewal on 25/04/2022, order no. 9514820407 premium services still show as expired, they do not appear to be working on the Go discover 7, i have done re set. regards Jason
  • Balajimca
    Balajimca Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    I am also facing the same issue, I have done renewal on 17-May , but still shows as expired.
  • Ianthebiker
    Ianthebiker Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited May 19
    My first years subscription ran out so I went online and renewed it but it doesn't show on my device, it still says expired. I've tried connecting it to my-drive connect on my laptop but it doesn't show my go discover as a device and when I follow the onscreen procedure to add it as a device it won't connect, it just keeps saying "oops cannot connect at the moment". So how can I make my device aware that I've renewed the subscription?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited May 20
    Hi @Ianthebiker

Contact Customer Support via Chat, not the ChatBot and sort it out whilst you are on.

Tap Support at top of this page.
    You then need to sign in on the next page
    Once signed in Tap Contact me or the Email icon
    Type Chat in the box that then appeared and this, during Normal working hours should take you to Chat.

Doug
  • Ianthebiker
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks, I'll try but it's very hard for me to get online in business hours as I work in a hospital laboratory and have to have my phone locked away. Don't know if there's anything that @VikramK can do to help as he seems to have helped others with the same issue directly? My device is ZW7041V03008(0)
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,933
    Revered Voyager
    My first years subscription ran out so I went online and renewed it but it doesn't show on my device, it still says expired. I've tried connecting it to my-drive connect on my laptop but it doesn't show my go discover as a device and when I follow the onscreen procedure to add it as a device it won't connect, it just keeps saying "oops cannot connect at the moment". So how can I make my device aware that I've renewed the subscription?

The moderator has replied to you.

VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Bmambs @jonboegelund

If you see that your GO Discover shows the services are expired, then that's probably because of an ongoing issue @Willy875 mentioned above.

Speed cameras updates are installed along with the monthly map updates on the GO Discover. When did you recently install a full map update?

I don't see a device linked to your TomTom account. Unfortunately, not able to check the status for the services.

Regards,
    Vikram.

• Ianthebiker
    Apprentice Seeker
    Willy875 wrote: »

The moderator has replied to you.

VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Bmambs @jonboegelund

Regards,
    Vikram.

That's my point! The device is not linked to my account but when I try to connect it to add it to my account, following the online procedure to the letter, it will not connect so there is no way to add it to my account without some sort of intervention from TomTom. And that's something I will find very difficult to do during normal business hours because of my job in a hospital laboratory. Hence my comment hoping that it can be resolved for me the same as it appears to have been resolved for others previously!
  • Ianthebiker
    Apprentice Seeker
    Ok, so I managed to follow douglap s advice and connected to the online chat. A nice young man told me my device is not linked to my account. I said I know, that's why I'm here now. He told me I need to do a factory reset on the device and then log in and it will then be linked. I said I already had, three times, but it isn't. I also said the instructions say I have to connect to my-drive connect to add the device but it won't. He then spent over an hour telling me if I do a reset and log in it will be linked with me saying but I have done and it doesn't which is why I need customer services to step in. The response being just try one more time and if it doesn't come back and he will connect me to the relevant team that can help me. ... But it wouldn't be needed as if I followed their instructions properly and went into settings/reset and did a factory reset it would fix it . I am beyond words to express my frustration at this point!
  • VikramK
    edited May 26
    Hi @Ianthebiker
    The device is now linked to your TomTom account, I see the service you renewed is for Speed Camera (monthly subscription).

Subscription renewal link- https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/maps-services/go-discover-premium-services/ which covers the following-
    nebb2zu8n8fb.png

I have swapped the service and adjusted the duration based on the paid subscription charge.

If you do a soft reset and test the device, the services should work.

In case the device still shows the service expiration message, then that's only a visual bug which is currently being investigated. (See my post above)

Regards,
    Vikram.