How do I get my SatNav to install a map when no maps are showing?

MondBB
MondBB Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
I am a Blood Bike rider. In our area we have two Rider 550 WiFi enabled devices, both with lifetime world maps and traffic updates.

Last night I left one doing a 7 GB update, when I got up it had disconnected itself from the hose WiFi - that isn't unusual they do this most times when I update them but this time there's a problem. Once back on the WiFi the device said no maps were present (again not unusual in these circumstances) but when I tap for a map I'm told that there's 10.66 GB of space but I don't see any map options. Just a message that I can buy one from the TomTom site but the device has lifetime world maps.

I've tried the automatic support system but got nowhere. Can anyone help please?

Best Answer

• MondBB
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited April 21 Answer ✓
    Hi Vikram

I think I've solved the problem. I took the device to one of our riders who has a Windows PC and connected it by USB. This allowed us to reinstall the operating system but not a map - we tried three times but each time, after download, it failed to install. At the same time I reactivated WiFi update.

Later our rider was able to install a map and reinstall our places and routes via WiFi. The whole process was very hit-and-miss and not at all confidence inspiring.

Thank you for your interest. The device we have is a Rider 550 (one of a pair which we use on two Blood Bikes).

Regards

Ray
    Blood Bikes Wales - Powys Area Rep

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,042
    Hi @MondBB

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message by clicking on this link-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/messages/add/VikramK, please ?

Thanks, Vikram
  • MondBB
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited April 21 Answer ✓
    Hi Vikram

I think I've solved the problem. I took the device to one of our riders who has a Windows PC and connected it by USB. This allowed us to reinstall the operating system but not a map - we tried three times but each time, after download, it failed to install. At the same time I reactivated WiFi update.

Later our rider was able to install a map and reinstall our places and routes via WiFi. The whole process was very hit-and-miss and not at all confidence inspiring.

Thank you for your interest. The device we have is a Rider 550 (one of a pair which we use on two Blood Bikes).

Regards

Ray
    Blood Bikes Wales - Powys Area Rep