Resetting a Go Premium X

Andy-Swales
Andy-Swales Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Does anyone know how to reset the Go Premium X when it doesn't go past the Go Premium X loading screen?

Answers

• kieron
    kieron Posts: 544
     Superuser
    Hi there @Andy-Swales -

If the device is fully charged, or plugged into a power source, have you tried holding the power button down for up to 30 seconds until you hear the drum beat start up sound?
  • Andy-Swales
    Andy-Swales Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi Kieron,

Yes I have tried this - tom tom screen, drumbeat then Go Premium X screen - white bar moving across screen but stops 2-3mm from the right hand side and goes no further!

Thanks for trying though.

Andy
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,012
     Superuser
    edited April 16
    Hi
    @Andy-Swales
    Do you have a Memory card installed??? If 'Yes' Try removing the Memory card....
    Charge the device for at least 2 hours... Then retry Starting the device with a Soft/Drumroll Restart....
    If you are using the PC as a power supply, Make Shure you have quit 'MyDrive Connect' on the PC Taskbar....
    Or use something like an iPhone mains charger + The Tomtom USB lead....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • pissedoffuser
    pissedoffuser Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    That doesn't work the problem is the OS, I sent mine off to get fixed it came back the device was moaning for updates so I did the map and OS and its bricked it again, very poor support from TomTom releasing an incompatible OS for devices, there should be instructions on how to reset the device and flash it with an older OS.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,012
     Superuser
    edited April 17
    Hi
    @pissedoffuser
    I've never had a problem with my GO Premium or any other my Tomtom devices failing during an update of the OS or failing to startup after an update of the OS....
    I always deselect any other updates and install the Navcore/OS update 1st...
    After the Navcore update has completed....
    I always install any remaining updates one at a time... Then if there's a glitch you haven't got a Log jam on the server, you only have one update to time out....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM