No maps found Mazda CX-5 2013

Kill100
Kill100 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited April 16 in Built in car navigation
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can please help me. I bought a Mazda CX-5 2013 and when I try and run the sat nav it says no maps found with the SD card installed. I tried a new Mazda SD card and got the same issue. So I don't think it's sd card issue. I have downloaded tom tom home but cannot update to the latest software due to having a mac and the software not being compatible. Is there any way around this? Thanks Kill

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,066
    Hi @Kill100
    Welcome to the community! A map has been activated for your TomTom, please check for updates in TomTom HOME application.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Kill100
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram, many thanks for your reply. I updated the SD card on tomtom home however I'm still getting the same "no maps" message when I put the SD card back into the car. Do you think it's possibly an issue with the unit itself?
  • Jim07
    Jim07 Administrators Posts: 4,469
    Hi @Kill100

It can be unit issue or sd card issue.

What is the exact content of the SD card Itself?

Cheers,

Jim

• Kill100
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for your message. It should be European maps "2012" on the SD card. I downloaded the update as per the instructions Vikram kindly gave and the SD card seemed to update without any issues. But after inserting the SD card into the car it still just displays "no maps " on the screen. Everything else on the head unit works fine.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,997
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

In the > settings menu have you looked at > change map?