Speed Camera update

Stu7
Stu7 Registered Users Posts: 53
Master Explorer
edited April 12 in TomTom Services
I just purchased speed camera updates - do I need to download the camera update or will it automatically install when my device is connected to my computer or wifi.
Cheers - Stu

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,073
    Answer ✓
    Hi Stu
    I have asked my team to transfer the subscription to your RIDER 40 (Serial no starting KE)
    You should now be able to download the updates.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• VikramK
    Hi @Stu7,
    I reviewed your account and I see you have ordered Speed Cameras updates for TomTom RIDER serial number starting KG. This model already comes with free speed cameras updates for the lifetime of the device.

I guess you probably wanted to order the service for the RIDER serial number starting KE?

The speed cameras updates are released twice every week(Tuesday and Thursday), it's recommended to update the device by connecting it to the computer.
    These updates also get installed when you are driving on a planned route(over the air services).

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Stu7
    Master Explorer
    Hi Vikram,
    Thank you kindly for your prompt support it is greatly appreciated.
    So the Rider 500 comes with lifetime cameras and my other one the Rider 40 doesn't. So I install my Rider 40 and Order #413414714 will update my device with the 12 month speed camera update is that correct?
    Cheers - Stu
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,020
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

When purchasing the radar, did you select the Rider 40 account? If so, connect your Rider 40 to your mydrive connect account and download the speed cameras.
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    Hi Stu
    I have asked my team to transfer the subscription to your RIDER 40 (Serial no starting KE)
    You should now be able to download the updates.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Stu7
    Master Explorer
    Hi Vikram,
    Thank you kindly for your support and for resolving my issue.
    Have a great night,
    Cheers - Stu
  • scmorley
    scmorley Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I Too seem to have had the same problem, purchased the updates for my "old device" yet when connected its telling me i can still buy it