Next instruction panel disappearing with 3.3.86

Marek_MkZ
Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 91
Supreme Trailblazer
Hi, this version introduced unstable display behavior at least on phone screen. Very often during navigation (sometimes more sometimes less than once per minute), navigation instruction field (blue field at the top of screen) vanishes and in the moment comes back, also current zoom of the map is disturbed at the moment (it looks like zoom changing and zooming back to previous level). Also during this behavior on top black bar GPS searching icon appears. It's quite annoying. Apart of that application works great.
Realme X3 SZ
Android 11

This discussion was created from comments split from: App not starting on S22.

Best Answer

• Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,486
    Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    We have now released a fix to open beta and will roll this out to regular users as soon as possible. Version 3.4.1.

You can (temporarily) switch to open beta on our app page in the Google Play Store.

Answers

• Jürgen
    Community Manager
    edited March 14
    Thanks @Marek_MkZ
    I forwarded your feedback.
  • Kelstern
    Kelstern Registered Users Posts: 24
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Anyone else have the issue of the next direction banner at the top and current speed at the bottom dissappearing for a second ever 30 seconds or so? Very distracting.
  • MUP
    MUP Posts: 732
    Superuser
    edited March 14
    In 3.3.72 the next dir banner and the map both had been redrawed for a really short time but not the curr speed.

Today I got the 3.3.86 release (not beta).
    Now the next dir banner and the curr speed will be redrawed but no longer the map.

Both happened in old and new TT Go release if the car has to turn.
    Devices Pixel 4XL and the brandnew S22 Ultra both were disconnected from AA.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Thanks @MUP
    I corrected the version in your post and removed your correcting post so it's easier to forward your feedback.
  • Wastedagen
    Wastedagen Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    +1 on this issue.. I have had to go back to previous version....
  • G_W
    G_W Registered Users Posts: 48
    Master Explorer
    Same with me.
  • G_W
    G_W Registered Users Posts: 48
    Master Explorer
    I have this problem only when navigating in reality, not in simulation mode. It is really annoying as it keeps distracting the driver's view.

I do hope there will be a solution soon.
  • Strawinsky
    Strawinsky Registered Users Posts: 34
    Renowned Wayfarer
    edited March 17
    While navigating using Android Auto:
    - The indicator for driven speed and speedlimit (on german streets) randomly disappears for a second every few minutes.
    - The navigation arrow randomly turns grey for a second every few minutes, independently from the disappearing speed icon.
    - When changing to another type of road or when passing under a bridge, the map sometimes zooms in for a second and then zooms back to the associated zoom level. That happens not at every change and I had not the chance yet to check, if that happens always at the same spot.

(Google Pixel 4a with all them latest updates.)
  • MrGain
    MrGain Registered Users Posts: 38
    Master Explorer
    Same here;
    Hi,
    Had to give up using TomTom Go Navigation app on Android as the constant on off behaviour of the blue next instruction panel is dangerously distracting.

In more detail;
    Every 15 to 60 seconds or so the blue next instruction panel vanishes and the GPS signal icon appears. After a few seconds the next instruction panel reappears, a few seconds later this distracting cycle restarts.

Samsung S20 Plus
    App Version 3.3.86 (4259)

Any ideas, fixes great fully received.

Thanks.
  • lluiscn
    lluiscn Registered Users Posts: 47
    Renowned Wayfarer
    The same thing happens to me. And when you're in a stretch radar area, the alarm sounds every time.
  • jaycr
    jaycr Registered Users Posts: 17
    Master Explorer
    Yes I'm having the same problem. The display is redrawing every few seconds which is making it so distracting that it's become unusable for me. Is it possible to go back to a previous version until thus us fixed? Grateful for any advice. Thanks.
  • PeterPan99
    PeterPan99 Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
    edited March 17
    While navigating using my phone (Samsung Galaxy A41 (SM-A415F), running Android 11), I have noticed (and been distracted by) the display repeatedly "resetting" - or whatever you want to call it.

What happens:
    1. The next turn information (top Left) disappears; so does the speed limit, current speed and current road information (bottom centre).
    2. The map display zooms in slightly and changes tilt angle.
    3. After about 1 second, the map display zooms out again and the 2 missing displays return.

On a recent trip (Sun 13 Mar 2022) this happend with varying frequency, up to about 3 times in one mile travelled on a UK motorway at 70 mph, so about 3 - 4 times per minute.

I have only noticed this recently, so I suspect that it is only happening since the 3.3.86 upgrade.
  • JarielJ
    JarielJ Chattanooga, TNRegistered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    Also experienced this issue several times on my OnePlus 2 - thought it was my phone until I realized that the behavior also occurred on my Pixel 4a (my daily-use device). Hope this gets a fix soon!
  • MrGain
    Master Explorer
    Hi,

Had to give up using TomTom Go Navigation app on Android as the constant on off behaviour of the blue next instruction panel is dangerously distracting.

In more detail;
    Every 15 to 60 seconds or so the blue next instruction panel vanishes. After a few seconds the next instruction panel reappears, a few seconds later this distracting cycle restarts.

gabhfg4l9gkb.jpg

Samsung S20 Plus
    App Version 3.3.86 (4259)

Any ideas, fixes gratefully received.
  • Jim07
    Jim07 Administrators Posts: 4,740
    edited March 21
    Hi @MrGain

This is unfortunatley a bug but we are actively working on a fix.

KD,

Jim
  • AmirMhmd
    AmirMhmd Registered Users Posts: 27
    Prominent Wayfarer
    edited March 21
    I have the same issue which is really annoying
    Fix something then break another thing
    Isn't there a testing team before it's published to Live 🤔
  • MrGain
    Master Explorer
    edited March 21
    The problem may be with other GPS apps running at the same time as TomTom ie Speed Trap Alert.

Before the last TomTom update the Speed Trap Alert floating speedometer widget ran seamlessy over TomTom picking up possible camera sites that TomTom misses.
    Switching off STA apeared to lessen the frequency of the on off banner problem.
    Still occurs but less frequently.
    Loading SPA first then TomTom also produced similar results.

Cheers
  • MUP
    MUP Posts: 732
    Superuser
    edited March 21
    This problem occurred also in v3.3.72 but not with that strong impact.
    It also depends on the processor and the ability of software development by TT (remember TT's desaster with S22U+Exynos 2200).

So Pixel 4XL Qualcomm 855 vs S22U Exynos 2200:
    The best operating CPU with red light alert inthe background with running TT is QC.

I am very excited what will happen to Samsungs brandnew A53 (5G) Exynos 1280.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1143423/hey-tt-are-you-well-prepared-for-the-brandnew-samsung-exynos-1280
  • RednasNL
    RednasNL Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    So recieved this new version but its not runnig wel for me.

Every 30 sec or so the app is checkin its position. The top blue bar is gone for a second and also the sidebar.

Also the GPS search icon is in visabble during that time.

Cleared cache, reinstalled app and maps but nothing helps.
  • bobmoss
    bobmoss Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Exactly the same issue happening to mine and my wife's Samsung S21's
  • Frup
    Frup Registered Users Posts: 27
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Same with Pixel 4a
    Android 12
    No other apps active.

Btw: I did not notice this issue using AA. But I may have overlooked.
  • RednasNL
    RednasNL Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Same here

Even in AA speed indicator is flashing.
  • Wastedagen
    Wastedagen Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    Wastedagen wrote: »
    +1 on this issue.. I have had to go back to previous version....

Update: Like it's been said on this thread, it's been doing the same in version. .72.
    Therefore gone back to version. 53. Trying that!
  • lluiscn
    lluiscn Registered Users Posts: 47
    Renowned Wayfarer
    The same thing happens to me.
    And when you're in a stretch radar area, the alarm sounds every time.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    We have now released a fix to open beta and will roll this out to regular users as soon as possible. Version 3.4.1.

You can (temporarily) switch to open beta on our app page in the Google Play Store.
This discussion has been closed.