It doesn't load locations

Eric-v
Eric-v Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
After a fresh start of the app I can find a location. If I want to look up another location nothing appears anymore. There is nothing found. I have to cancel the app completely. I have an iPhone 12 Pro, updated to the latest version. Also tomtom version3.0.1. This is already lasting for 4 months. I already canceled my subscription next April. This is so annoying.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,298
    Community Manager
    One similar report on our German forum. There I advised the following:
    • As a first attempt, I would close all applications that are running in the background. This can quickly accumulate a lot. Then restart the iPhone.
    • If that doesn't help, I recommend what I would only advise as a last resort: make sure that the personal data in MyDrive is backed up and then completely reinstall the app.
  • Eric-v
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited March 20
    Hi Jurgen

Thanks for answering. Unfortunately It still doesn't work. I added a screen recording to show what happens.
    (I will se d in private message because there us private data in there)

I have to shut down the app constantly. As you can see I can look up 1 or two city's and than it doesn't find anything anymore. Even if I select a recent address it doesn't load.

Hope we can find the problem, because I have been using tomtom on my iPhone for over 9 years and it is the best in the market. If is stays a problem I will have to switch Yo another one. Sorry

• Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Have you tried reinstalling the app? I've tried the same search - Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Groningen and it just works for me. Also you selected to search the entire maps so nothing that could be wrong there.
  • Eric-v
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes. I have tried that as well. Multiple times already.

I really don't know what to do next.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    There is another report of this on our German forum. I'm afraid that we do not have a solution at this point of time.
    (GONAV-4796)
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Some queries from our engineers:
    • Does this also happen when you're on a cellular network rather than Wi-Fi?
    • What maps do you have installed?
  • Eric-v
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi

Thanks for helping out!

I already installed it many times but normallly load the maps as in the pictures attached.

It has the same problem both on wifi, 4g or 5g.

I just tried it again on all three.
  • Eric-v
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Jurgen
    Is there something else we can try?