New TomTom Go Expert 7” My Drive stops not working

Essex_Trucker_Dec94
Essex_Trucker_Dec94 Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
Hi all, I bought my father in law a TomTom Go Expert 7” Truck Nav after bragging how good my TomTom Go Professional 620 Truck Nav is.
Got it today, set it up, created him a TomTom account etc. managing to sync destinations through the my drive app… BUT it only goes to the final destination on it? I can add 3 or 4 or 5 stops, and it will only do from current location, to final stop. Very odd. Misses all the in between stops out.
I wondered if it was because his account was new, so I logged into my account in his sat Nav and it is still the same.
My Nav is fine, and doing as it’s told, so I’m not sure what the issue is.
Spent nearly £400 on it today and it’s making me look like a fool to him!!
Any advice welcome. Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 425
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Essex_Trucker_Dec94

This happens on my Go Expert and also a Go Discover (on both the MyDrive app and the Web version) and I believe I either reported or read on the forum last year (mid-summer) Tomtom were aware of it and an internal ticket raised to resolve the issue. But doing a quick search I cannot locate the thread............

@Jurgen @lampard @VikramK

Can you confirm please, TomTom are aware and provide an update on the progress on resolving the issue. Thank you.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,070
    edited March 21
    Hi @Essex_Trucker_Dec94 @Lost_Soul
    Could you check if the stops are considered when the route is saved as a track?
    Image from MyDrive web-
    k6a5jg6suj24.png

Synced route on the GO Discover-
    75w1ftq0wspy.png

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @VikramK

Yes, the Synced track works on my Go Discover for mutiple stops, BUT I never use Tracks as I require to be advised of traffic delays and reroute accordingly if necessary....... B)
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @VikramK

I am guessing the team has made some changes................. ?

As my Go Discover successfully today received 6 separate locations via "Send stops" :)

But the same 6 stop route sent to my Go Expert only received the 'last stop' of the 6 stops route. :s

However I noticed that if I changed the Go Expert 'vehicle' from a Truck to a Car/Van then it does also receive multiple stops.

Just need to get MyDrive to send "multiple stops" whilst My Vehicle is set to a Truck. Thank You.

• Essex_Trucker_Dec94
    Essex_Trucker_Dec94 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Seeker
    Evening all,

Sorry for the delay, it's been adding extra hours onto my day by having to type in each stop when i get to the destination lol! *HAHA*

My TomTom Expert still is not working like it should, which is strange because my TomTom GO Pro 620 works absolutely fine with adding the stops in. I have tried with another TomTom account logged in, and its the same, so it has nothing to do with the account (I don't think) it seems to be just this new device?

It is getting really annoying now. I did a chat with an advisor last week and the feedback was sent to developers, but i know if it has been sorted their end yet?

On the mydrive app, i add all my stops like normal, click "Send Destinations" but it only sends the actual destination, the final stop, none of the stops in between :(

Any advice? Thanks all
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Essex_Trucker_Dec94

Have you tried what I discovered? ;)

First change the Vehicle Settings on the Go Expert to a "Car", then set up your route using MyDrive - Send the stops to the Go Expert.

Then after the stops are received, change back the Vehicle settings on the Go Expert back to a "Truck"..............

Bit cumbersome, but it works, you may be able to use this fudge while TomTom are working on a permanent solution for you?