Lifetime maps issue

Fairlady1_
Fairlady1_ Registered Users Posts: 8
Novice Seeker
Hi I have a device BQxxxxxxxx59 and it says that I have lifetime USA maps installed. When I go to update my maps, its asking for payment. Please can someone help me with this issue? I am currently in the UK and I'm trying to update it before trip to the USA.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,016
    Revered Voyager
    edited March 19
    Hi

If you purchased your device in the UK, you cannot have the USA Lifetime Card for this card, you must purchase it.

Come back on Monday, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.
  • Fairlady1_
    Novice Seeker
    I purchased my device in the US so I do have lifetime maps
  • Fairlady1_
    Novice Seeker
    I would just like to update it before I go back. I am currently in the UK
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    If you purchased your device in the United States, you have lifetime maps for the United States.

Come back on Monday, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,070
    Hi @Fairlady1_
    I see the device already has an active subscription for the USA, Canada & Mexico maps.
    I think there is not enough space to install the latest map on the internal memory of the device. I would recommend using a 16 GB memory card to expand the device memory to install the latest maps.
    Helpful support article-https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013900980

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Fairlady1_
    Novice Seeker
    I have purchased the required memory card now so please can you add the latest maps for me?
    @VikramK
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    As said above, your subscription is active for the maps of the United States, Canada and Mexico, connect your GPS to your Mydrive connect account.
  • Fairlady1_
    Novice Seeker
    The maps I have on my device are old hence @VikramK asking me to buy the sd card for the new maps to be installed. And I have.
    So @Willy875 can you confirm that the new/latest maps will be available for me to download now as I didn’t have that option before .
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    The moderator wrote
    VikramK wrote:

Hi @Fairlady1_
    I see the device already has an active subscription for the USA, Canada & Mexico maps.

So if the map is activated on your account you should be able to download it.