Nike+ Sportwatch Memory

jpleech
jpleech Registered Users Posts: 6
New Seeker
I have a Tom Tom Nike+ sportwatch that I have just found out is no longer supported by the Nike web page. Additionally, I'm told by Nike that the watch will no longer function once the memory is full. How can I delete the memory on the watch so I can continue using it? I was thinking some sort of a reset but wasn't sure how or which one. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,983
    Revered Voyager
  • jpleech
    New Seeker
    Thanks for the link. According to the page, the factory reset deletes all the data as well as the software. I'm concerned that if I lose the software, I'll not be able to download it again since the watch isn't being supported
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Resetting only deletes personal data and not the installed software.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Willy875 wrote: »

I am not sure this will work. They have a Nike+ watch, not a TomTom watch, which was a cobranded device made by Nike before TomTom came out with their watch line 10 years ago. They are different operating systems with different software, so it may not use the same method to reset.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Resetting only deletes personal data and not the installed software.

This is not true. A factory reset clears the watch and installs the latest version of the firmware, that is the whole point of a factory reset, it brings it back to factory settings. The original firmware code is not on the watch, it is on the web and since Nike shut down their servers it may not be possible to access them and to reset at all. It may simply brick the watch.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    jpleech wrote: »
    I have a Tom Tom Nike+ sportwatch that I have just found out is no longer supported by the Nike web page. Additionally, I'm told by Nike that the watch will no longer function once the memory is full. How can I delete the memory on the watch so I can continue using it? I was thinking some sort of a reset but wasn't sure how or which one. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks

Please see my comments on the other posts above. This is not a TomTom watch, it is a Nike watch so it is not necessarily going to reset in the same way. In any case a factory reset will clear the memory, including the firmware and since the watch is obsolete and Nike has shut everything down, it may not even be possible to do a reset. At this point, since the watch is essentially bricked since you cannot use it until you clear the memory you might as well try a reset as it can't make it worse. However, the instructions given were for a TomTom watch and may not work for your device.
  • jpleech
    New Seeker
    I have emailed tech support at TomTom. I'll let you know what they say when they get back to me.
  • jpleech
    New Seeker
    Tech support and I finally made contact and, as was suggested by willy875, they want me to do a factory reset on the watch. The problem I am having is that when I log in to Sports Connect there is no option to reset, there is no settings button, nor does it appear to recognize my watch.
  • jpleech
    New Seeker
    Is there a contact number where I can actually talk to a person rather than spending time emailing back and forth with support?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    You can speak directly to a person via chat during office hours.
    How to contact TomTom customer support by chat https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/
  • jpleech
    New Seeker
    Thanks willy875. Just discovered that I have to download a desktop app to run the Sport Connect. Can't do that at work so will have to do that this evening when I get home. I'll play around with it this weekend and see what happens