ProClip mount for GO Discover 7

Drip_LeBuk
Drip_LeBuk Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
edited March 9 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
How can I purchase a mount for my new GO Discover 7 to attach to the Brodit ProClip Mounting Platform?

Comments

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,457
    Exalted Pioneer
    why not use tomtom supplied mount?
  • Drip_LeBuk
    Apprentice Seeker
    The one to fit to the glass, which would be too far away and obscure my vision? Or to a smooth flat surface of the dash that most (especially mine) modern cars do not have?

Brodit provide a very good mounting platform for the secure positioning of devices in convenient and safe locations. But their ball mounts are only 16mm wide and the mount with the Go Discover 7 seems to measure 16.5mm. I've read chats online indicating the GO Discover 7 is bigger and heavier, and the mount is therefore a different size to support this. I am thus surprised TomTom have not released a version of the Fixed Installation - Dock Kit for the GO Discover 7 seen here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-Fixed-Installation-Dock-Kit/dp/B01L8PL6E4
  • Drip_LeBuk
    Apprentice Seeker
    Exactly YmFazMan, thank you for confirming the ball joint size is larger than normal. So when will TomTom make other compatible mounting components available?
  • Drip_LeBuk
    Apprentice Seeker
    I've just received the TomTom Active Dock for Fixed Installation (Part no. 5UCB.001.13, Art. no 9UCB.001.12) through Amazon and it does not fit my GO Discover 7. So how do I order from TomTom the equivalent mount for my GO Discover 7 ?
  • Drip_LeBuk
    Apprentice Seeker
    Anyone? How do I mount my GO Discover 7 with its strange non-standard ball size?