Android auto setup with GO App

doctormstein1
doctormstein1 Registered Users Posts: 152
Renowned Trailblazer
I have a go Supreme and I hope someone can give me set by step instructions on setup and using android auto for the tomtom go App on a new Volvo.

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,004
    Hi @doctormstein1

I copied the steps below from the link here, have a look:
    • Connect the Android phone to the USB port (connect to the port with a white frame when there are two USB ports).
    • Read the information in the pop-up message and then tap on OK.
    • Tap on Android Auto in the app view. Read the terms and conditions and then tap on Accept to connect.
    • The tile with Android Auto is opened and compatible apps are shown. ( If it doesn’t show the app in AA launcher, then it must be enabled manually enabled. To do this, you need to head over to Android Auto App> Settings > Customize launcher & enable the GO App)
    • Tap on the TomTom App.
    Note: Make sure that the Android Auto app version is 6.1 or higher. The Android Auto app doesn't consistently recognize newly installed apps. It might help if you restart the phone after installing or updating GO and reconnect to the head unit.

Best, lampard
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 612
    Revered Pioneer
    ... on a new Volvo.

Equipped with buggy AAOS or the beloved and stable SENSUS ?
  • doctormstein1
    doctormstein1 Registered Users Posts: 152
    Renowned Trailblazer
    sensus thanks
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 612
    Revered Pioneer
    edited March 11
    @doctormstein1
    I have a V60-2-PIH (early 2020) and no problems with my Pixel 4XL running Android 12.1
    It was absolutely easy to activate the car's AA based on Sensus in conjunction with the smartfone.

Please tell us the results of @lampard 's advice, also the type of your smartfone and the Android version running.

Thanks.