IOS app version 3.0.1

D-Stream
D-Stream Registered Users Posts: 159
Renowned Trailblazer
I installed the app on my iPhone version 3.0.1 and I compared it on a journey side by side to my tom tom 6200 displaying the same journey.

Here's an app bug the a180 roadworks to Grimsby are an average 40mph speed zone with cameras. Leaving Grimsby they is exactly the same 40 mph average speed zone. The 6200 reports and displays correctly you are in a "40 mph average speed zone correctly" and displays this on the side nav bar on the nav and calculates and displays the 40 mph warnings and limits constantly.

The app displays you are in a "70 mph normal speed limit" but displays an average speed red bar for the zone explaining you can drive actually drive and do 70mph in the 40mph . No mention of the average speed camera zone limit. It correctly displays your average speed which is ALWAYS under the 70mph its displaying, which bears no relevance to the 70 mph its suggesting you should be driving at.

The 6200 perfectly displays the zone speed and camera limits and makes you constantly aware of the 40mph limit.

You will find these cameras on the a180 UK Immingham to Grimsby likewise Grimsby to Immingham a180 road used.

There's numerous locations where all it ever displays is 70mph in average speed camera zones. With significant lower average speed limits set.

The app displays 70 mph in a red box top right hand corner of the app.

Its broken totally.

Comments

• D-Stream
    Renowned Trailblazer
  • D-Stream
    Renowned Trailblazer
    evf08z8p4ikx.jpeg
    33rcbzck8yee.png
    @lampard

Here are the two images side by side
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,007
    Thanks, @D-Stream ! I'll check with the team.

Best, lampard
  • D-Stream
    Renowned Trailblazer
    scg5dyq4tq67.jpeg
  • D-Stream
    Renowned Trailblazer
    @lampard and another one that's a 50mph zone reporting as a 70 but still calculating your average.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,007
    Hi there @D-Stream

The app uses speed limit from the map data to support variable speed limits (average speed checks and speed enforcement zones). An internal ticket has been created for this to investigate further. I'll post back once there's an update.

Thanks, lampard