I can not update my europe map on the Tomtom go 5000.

Wimkozijn
Wimkozijn Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
I can not update my europe map on the Tomtom go 5000. there is enough storage because i added a 32gb sd card

Things i have done:
- Added 32GB sd card
- Tried to remove the map, but it did not succeed because its the only map available on the device.

There is only one map available and that is europe. if there was more maps i could install i could temporary remove the europe map.

Small updates worked

4wk683k07ojc.jpg

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,940
    Superuser
    Hi @Wimkozijn

When you installed the extra memory card we’re you asked if you wanted it Formatted for Maps?

Doug
  • Wimkozijn
    Apprentice Traveler
    @DougLap Yes i did formatted the sd card. the problem was before i installed a sd card. i thought it didn't had enough memory on the tomtom itself.
    i think that i need a temporary other map, that i can install so that i can delete the europe map en reinstall it.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Wimkozijn

The way the software like Home or My Drive Connect is if you are offered an update to an existing map then if the new version is too big to fit on the internal memory then the software should load it on an extra memory card that had been formatted in the device for maps. You should not need to delete the old map first as if you only have one map on the device the software will not allow you to delete the only map on it.

Doug
  • Wimkozijn
    Apprentice Traveler
    @DougLap i know, but when i try to update the existing europe map it fails like in the screenshot ive posted
  • eyetalks
    eyetalks Registered Users Posts: 10
    New Seeker
    @Wimkozijn @DougLap
    I have the exact same problem. Were you able to find a solution?
    it would help me
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited March 3
    Hi @Wimkozijn

Let’s see if @VikramK can add a small map for you. Look back here later.

@eyetalks

I have posted on your main post. .

Doug
  • Wimkozijn
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited March 3
    @DougLap thanks for the help, i think that my problem will be solved when @VikramK add a small map. I saw on older posts that it also was the fix
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,024
    Hi @Wimkozijn
    A different version of the Europe map has been activated for your TomTom. This map should be offered in smaller regions/countries. Please check for updates now,

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Wimkozijn
    Apprentice Traveler
    @VikramK @DougLap Thanks for your help. I see new maps and I can install all maps but not europe with buildings and I still can't delete the old map. Mydrive connect says I have version 1085 but my tomtom shows me I have version 990. Is there a solution to delete the old map?
  • WJTOMTOM
    WJTOMTOM Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same problem here on my GO5000/5100. I tried to update my Europe map which already was on the SD-card. I got a failure message and in the browser the Europe map was marked as 'beschadigd' (damaged/corrupt).

I was able to load smaller maps: I added Venezuela to my system and Tunesia to my sd-card.

Therefore I conclude my systems works allright, but the Europe card has a problem. Can this be fixed? There used to be Europe cards in parts, I would only need Western Europe.