how to upload saved address from via 52 to cloud?

huzg_Robert
huzg_Robert Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
edited February 22 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
recenly i bought a new go 620. I want to transfer all the addresses saved in my old go 52 to the new gps.

However, only the old addresses, which were saved long time before, were transfered after i connect the new one with my computer.

I tried to upload the recent addresses from go 52 to the cloud so i can put them into my new one. But it is not working. So please, someone, who knew how to do it, can help me here? Thanks.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,972
    Revered Voyager
    If you have connected your Go 620 to Mydrive with the same email address as your via 52, all addresses should be on your Go 620.

To try
    Press the on/off button until you hear the sound of the tamtam and the device restarts.
  • huzg_Robert
    Apprentice Seeker
    but after i restarted my go 52, the new addresses are not uploaded into the cloud. i can't even try to download them into the new one. i tried connect with bluetooth of the mobile, connect to the computer, they are all not working.

What is the correct way for the new gps to update the address list to the cloud with the same email address?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    there is only one procedure.

Normally you connect your old GPS via 52 to your Mydrive account, the locations and route addresses are saved in the Cloud.

Now log in to your Go 620 with the same cloud credentials as your old GPS.

Your GPS must be connected to the Internet.

• huzg_Robert
    Apprentice Seeker
    i connect the via 52 to the computer with the internet of course. after updates i clicked at smartest route planner, there is a warning sign said it can't get my current location. is it will be the reason the address list not updated? i tried log off & on again, it stay the same.
  • huzg_Robert
    Apprentice Seeker
    now i connected my via 52 with mobile internet. after i restart the route planner, the address list still the old one, anybody can help with this one, please?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    On Mydrive synchronize is it checked?

a86391dqkyks.jpg
  • huzg_Robert
    Apprentice Seeker
    how can i save all my address list out to my computer with via 52? can i read the gps as a pen drive & find the address file?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Have you checked your credentials on Mydrive and your credentials on your GPS that they are the same

Is your GPS well connected and recognized by your computer.

can i read the gps as a pen drive & find the address file?
    No, it is not possible to read your GPS like a USB key
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,047
     Superuser
    Try following
    Make sure that you are logged in in MyDrive in the Via52 under TomTom Services.
    When the Via52 is connected via Phone to the internet you must see the cloud Symbol top right in the Main Menu of the Via52
    zfmr81tgo4te.png
    if you see it with a cross, then you have no MyDrive Sync
    788rb2l2tilc.png

Then Check your MyPlaces in the Webside of MyDrive if they are identical with your Via52
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com

When they are identical, then connect the Go620 via WIFI with the internet and have a look to the cloud icon in the Main Menu of the go620.
    There must be the cloud icon too without the cross.
    Then it should sync your "MyPlaces"
  • huzg_Robert
    Apprentice Seeker
    thanks for the help. i found the log in with my via 52 & it is all right now.