No final description of destination

Ewetwo
Ewetwo Registered Users Posts: 14
Apprentice Traveler
Ever since the last update. It gives you all the info as you are driving. But when you get to the end. It doesn't tell you if the location is on your left or right. It says "you final destination is" and it stops. Any thoughts? Cheers!

Comments

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,130
    Superuser
    @Ewetwo

Which voice are you using? "Samantha" is the normal one to give the full descriptions
  • Ewetwo
    Apprentice Traveler
    No. Bonnie. I had to erase all the names because it said there wasn't enough memory to do the map update. And I also had to get rid of Canadian and Mexican maps. So it's only the United State on it. That's when It started. When I had to get rid of things.
  • Niall
    Superuser
    @Ewetwo

"BL">VIA 1500 / 1505, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

Your device supports the addition of a 16 GB class 10 SDHC memory card to install one see https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/formatting-a-micro-sdhc-card-990256

With one of these you can have all your maps and voices back
    To get "Samantha" see https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/install-and-remove-voices-with-mydrive-connect-1022208
  • Ewetwo
    Apprentice Traveler
    I looked at what disc I should buy here in the states and I'm totally confused. Old guy here. LOL.. I have a TomTom Via 1500 and the serial number starts with BL. If I went to Walmart. They wouldn't know. So I have to know in order to pick the right disc. I do appreciate your help. I do have Scandiscs for my camera. But they are the larger ones.
  • Niall
    Superuser
  • Ewetwo
    Apprentice Traveler
    I'm going to get one today. I want to thank you for all your help Niall. It is greatly appreciated. Now if I can figure out where to click "Mark as Solution". LOL!
  • Ewetwo
    Apprentice Traveler
    I bought the card. A PNY Disc. Installed it into the slot.. Did the format. Everything was fine. I turned it off and plugged it into the computer to see if it's reading the memory and now it won't start. Dead. What now?

Never mind. It finally started. I checked it with TomTom Connect and it recognizes the card now. Great! Had me scared for a moment. :slight_smile:
  • Niall
    Superuser
    @Ewetwo

Remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
  • Ewetwo
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you so much Niall. Maybe I interrupted it while it was updating. I never knew about this.
  • boljak
    boljak USARegistered Users Posts: 43
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Same thing with my tomtom discover 7" that i have here in USA. Samantha says you have arrived at destination... But sometimes there are addresses it knows what side it is. If i view turn by turn and there is right or left arrow on the final destination, then Samantha says "your destination is on the right (or left). I tried to reset, re update the whole map, nothing works. To go around the problem, i zoom in to the destination, click on right or left side of the street. A numbered address pops up. it's either even or odd number. If it's a one way street it's ok. But if it's two way I want to drop off a passenger on the right side so he does not have to cross the street. So here's the scenario. My right side shows an even number 44, my dest. address is 45 so i assume its on the left side of the two way street. Now i tell the gps to go around. Settings/avoid last turn. Gps recalculates and now puts me on the opposite side.
    This remedy is too cumbersome. i have a via 1600 & 1500 and GO 600 and they never miss to tell me which side. Go Discover is suppose to be top of the line but its predessors still outperforms it. Even Google map tells you which side. Come on Tomtom do something about it.