bluetooth issue

Smiffy66
Smiffy66 Registered Users Posts: 9
Novice Seeker
So, my nav shows the unit connected to the phone, but it keeps showing as disconnected on MyDrive app. I cannot move routes between phone & nav. The app crashes or freezes frequently. this has only started happening since the last update. I have done several hard & soft resets, removed app from phone & Mac & reinstalled, but still the same. please can anyone help, spent hours trying to resolve this.......aaarrrrgggh!

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,956
    Superuser
    Hi @Smiffy66

If you have an IPhone using IOS13 or later then when setting up the Bluetooth connection you cannot involve the my Drive App because of a change by Apple.

Go to Personal Hotspot in Settings and turn it On.
    Now go to Bluetooth in the phones settings and turn on. Then delete any current setting you have for the TT unit
    Now go to Bluetooth on TT unit and delete Select add a Phone and now Pair the devices.
    At no time involve the MyDrive App in the pairing and at no time will you be asked for the Personal Hotspots Password.

The units should now be set up but Messaging will not work. The involvement of the MyDrive App was to facilitate the messaging.

Doug
  • Smiffy66
    Novice Seeker
    Hi Doug, thanks so much…I will give that a try tomorrow, I’ve spent all day restoring the nav & deleting & reinstalling apps as directed by ‘Help’b but to no avail…! Im frazzled, but hopefully that will be exactly what’s needed to solve the issue. Thank you for taking the time to reply…..the nav was about to get stamped in this evening!
  • Smiffy66
    Novice Seeker
    Hi Doug, I have tried that & yes, it connects......but I still can't send routes plotted via MyDrive app on my iPhone to the nav.
    Its a fairly crucial feature which I use every day as my routes are constantly changing & are very specific.
    Do you have any other suggestions please?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,983
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

Instead of sending the route to GPS, have you tried saving it to Mydrive?
    You will find the route on your GPS.?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited February 7
    Hi @Smiffy66

Looks like there may be an issue at the moment. I have created a route in the My Drive App on my iPhone and asked for it to be synced to my devices. If I then go to the My Drive Website on my MacBook the route appears there and says sync with my devices.. The new route does not appear on my GO5200 or the GO Nav App Maybe @DanielForniesSoria can have a look at this tomorrow and advise.

Doug
  • Smiffy66
    Novice Seeker
    Exactly that….& then the app shows the phone disconnected from the nav….but the nav says the phone is still connected for all services. Sometimes the app will then freeze!
  • Smiffy66
    Novice Seeker
    Hi Willy,
    Excuse my techno-phobia…..so plot the route on MyDrive app on the phone & rather than selecting SYNC, just save it instead…?
    & it’ll transfer onto my nav unit?
    This whole ‘use the phone to work out the route, then send to nav unit’ was the biggest selling point for me….it has worked so well until recently. I’m really disappointed & hope it will work again.
  • Smiffy66
    Novice Seeker
    Doug, it’s rendered the MyDrive app useless really, such a disappointment. A vital tool for me in the lorry.
  • Smiffy66
    Novice Seeker
    Having looked on MyDrive on Mac, the routes are there & I can sync from Mac to nav…..there’s obviously an issue to do with iPhone to nav connectivity…whether it’s an app issue or an Apple issue, it really needs to be fixed, I can’t very well be driving around with my MacBook in the lorry.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Smiffy66

I have successfully created routes on the IPhones MyDrive App and Synced it to my TT units. That is why I have flagged it to @DanielForniesSoria of TT.

Doug
  • Smiffy66
    Novice Seeker
    Hi @DougLap
    Is that with the latest iPhone update…?
    I also had a few glitches with the nav unit last week telling me power was disconnected & about to shut down, whilst it was still docked & power was present….it seems to have been the start of the issues.
    I’m beginning think I have an issue with the Tom Tom unit itself!
    Unfortunately the chat service wasn’t very helpful, I repeatedly tried the steps they explained, yet the outcome is always the same….I wasn’t able to get that across in the almost 5 hours of communication 😢
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Smiffy66

Sorry I did not make clear that what I was referring to in the past. At the moment also deleting a route from MyDrive is not syncing to the devices.

Doug
  • Smiffy66
    Novice Seeker
    Hi @DougLap
    Yes, the same….it was working perfectly, a great nav app with the connectivity.
    I’ve got a Levano pad, will see if MyDrive will sync to nav from that.
    Hopefully the guy you tagged earlier will come back with a solution for the iPhone…when working it’s a great way to preplan routes, as we often do sitting in a pub thinking of our next destination in our Motorhome
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited February 8
    Hi @Smiffy66

I see now that if you delete a route in MyDrive that change syncs to the devices.

Doug