Exact locations

It'sMe
It'sMe Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Seeker
How to use exact location from other apps. Eg. What 3 words, or Google quick codes, latitude and longitude.
For instance large sports facilities may have several entrances to the car park and I want to choose one, and store in in my contact addresses.
I can do this with Google or Waze navigation but this app seems to ignore the data and go general with the area
I much prefer this app but this is holding me back.
Thanks.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,958
    Revered Voyager
    In the menu > click search > click full map > select Latitude longitude.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,951
    Superuser
    edited February 8
    Hi @It'sMe

You don’t indicate what Tomtom device you have. If it is a TT PND device then you could try the free Mapcode App on your phone, it is also available as a website. Using the App you can input an Address, Long/Lat, postcode or a Mapcode if you have one and the App will identify a position. If you put the Map into Hybrid version it is similar to the Sat view in Google Earth. You can move the map around and if you place the entrance you want under the cursor you will be given a Mapcode. If you put this Mapcode into the TT units Search facility it will give you a route directly to it. For example if you input GBR DH.FX into a map with the U.K. in it then you will be directed to the middle gate at the front of Buckingham Palace, London.

The Mapcode App covers the World and Mapcodes can enable you to find a parking bay in a car park.

Having identified a precise position you can then save it in MyPlaces.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,958
    Revered Voyager
    Willy875 wrote: »
    In the menu > click search > click full map > select Latitude longitude.

I just saw that you posted in the Amigo section so the solution given is not the correct one, sorry.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,005
    edited February 9
    Hi It'sMe!

The steps Willy875 and Doug mentioned above are for the GO App and our PND devices. On AmiGO, you can directly type/copy the GPS coordinates into the search and you'll get the results.
    v08meziriyhq.png
    The 'Google plus codes' and 'What3words' location navigation is not available with the TomTom Apps.

Best, lampard