Why is my device not turning on despite me charging it over night?

bettyssimo
bettyssimo Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited February 7 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a TomTom Go. While I was using it the screen became black suddenly, despite being connected to the car charger. I have put the device to charge over night and when I went to turn it on in the morning will not turn on. In the car when the screen went black there was a white icon of a computer and the device and a red cross in between the wire between computer and device. Does anyone know why my device is not turning on and what happened with it? thank you

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,993
    Revered Voyager
    It's the software that runs your Go that bugged see the FAQ to reinstall the software https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Mon-GPS-ne-démarre-pas-ou-une-croix-s-affiche
  • bettyssimo
    New Seeker
    @Willy875 the problem with that article is that I cannot switch my device on, the TomTom logo comes on and after 2 sec the screen becomes black again. So I cannot reset the device and also despite me plugging it in to computer, TomTom Home tells me that no device is connected. thanks anyway for trying to help.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

Tomtom Home is not compatible with a Go wi-fi it is Mydrive connect that you must install on your computer.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
  • bettyssimo
    New Seeker
    @Willy875 thank you again, it is interesting you saying that my device is not compatible with TomTom Home as I have used it in the past, it was downloaded first time when I connected my device to the computer. But... I have downloaded Mydrive too and the device status is still not connected. My question is how can the device can connect to the computer when t is not turned on and I am unable to turn it on as it will not come on?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    You're posting in the wifi section so I'm assuming it's a last gen GB you have?

Which Go model do you have exactly?