Loss of live traffic updates on my Tomtom devices

R_Ferguson
R_Ferguson Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a Tomtom 620 (two of them, for 2 cars).
Until about a month or so ago I could get live traffic updates by turning on hotspot on my Android phone, which the Tomtom device picked up and displayed traffic delays, alternative routes etc. Now this does not work i.e. no live traffic reports on my Tomtom devices whilst driving.
However, when I log into my ‘Mydrive’ on my Android phone, it does show the live traffic updates.
What’s wrong?
Thanks.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,981
     Superuser
    Hi
    @R_Ferguson
    Is the Hotspot Wi-Fi or Bluetooth ???
    Using a iPhone 6 here + GO 620 UK....

Wi-Fi OFF Bluetooth OFF (No Connections)
    hztbsmuvy6fz.jpg

W-Fi Hotspot... Traffic OK....

10zka3xy04l5.jpg

Bluetooth connected... Traffic OK....

4pbbavfkd7jl.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • jjmna
    jjmna Registered Users Posts: 12
    Apprentice Traveler
    Are you saying turn off wi-fi and only use bluetooth to connect to iphone 6 for traf
  • R_Ferguson
    Apprentice Seeker
    Sorry, doesnt work.
    The traffic icon (first icon has a 'x' by it and says 'service unavailable" when i click on the traffic icon it says "we are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later"
    I have tried:
    - with wi-fi disconnected
    - with wi-fi connected
    - with wi-fi disconnected (and/ot outside of connected wi-fi range) AND with the TomTom hotspot from my mobile phone.
  • R_Ferguson
    Apprentice Seeker
    I note that TomTom have just released a new model which is faster etc. It has free live traffic and speed camera but only for the first year, then it has to be paid for, and it isnt that cheap. So, I wonder if they are phasing out the older/current models, including free live traffic? I can still update camera and world maps for free though.
  • abainivalu
    abainivalu Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    hi i have no live traffic on my Tom Tom Go 6100 it always say Traffic -Service unavailable
    Disconnected(23415,0,0,0,10,1)
    i have reseted my device and updated the device but still does not work.
    any advice?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,927
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

Another solution would be to remove the sticker under the GPS, remove the SIM card, gently clean the SIM contacts and reconnect.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    R_Ferguson wrote: »
    I note that TomTom have just released a new model which is faster etc. It has free live traffic and speed camera but only for the first year, then it has to be paid for, and it isnt that cheap. So, I wonder if they are phasing out the older/current models, including free live traffic? I can still update camera and world maps for free though.
    The newer models have lifetime maps and traffic. You DO have to pay annually for speed cameras though. There's no indication they are phasing out the 620s. There won't be feature updates but maps and traffic should be available for quite some time.

• big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Another solution would be to remove the sticker under the GPS, remove the SIM card, gently clean the SIM contacts and reconnect.

Hi @Willy875 There is no SIM in the 620.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,927
    Revered Voyager
    big wrote: »
    Willy875 wrote: »

Hi @Willy875 There is no SIM in the 620.

Hi @big

But there's a Sim in the 6100

abainivalu wrote:
    hi i have no live traffic on my Tom Tom Go 6100 it always say Traffic -Service unavailable
    Disconnected(23415,0,0,0,10,1)
    i have reseted my device and updated the device but still does not work.
    any advice?
    wrote: