TT Traffic 2G ?

pelham89
pelham89 Registered Users Posts: 32
Renowned Wayfarer
As Vodafone is dropping the 3G network in 2023, I've also noticed that they are dropping the 2G in 2025. Am I correct in saying that this is used for TT traffic (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Have there been any plans to address this ? , also what network are the newer models using (Go 6200 user, assuming it is still working then) Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,030
    Revered Voyager
    To continue to receive traffic on Go 6200 you must connect your GPS to your smartphone.
  • pelham89
    Renowned Wayfarer
    So no Tomtom back up through factory SIM (what about Wifi Maps ?). Are TT wanting us to use their Apps then. (Charging)
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,093
     Superuser
    As Willy875 already wrote, you can (even now) run the traffic via the smartphone on the WIFI devices despite the internal Sim.
    The maps will still be updateable via WIFI.
    Traffic and Maps are 2 different shoes
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,021
     Superuser
    Hi
    @pelham89
    In your profile or in your Posts, you haven't stated the location of your Home Country ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • pelham89
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Hi, Worcestershire UK.
    As one of your older/retired TT owners, who rarely uses a computer, (only when I had a 5000), feel that I shouldn't need to TRY and work out how to link to the phone, as I bought the 6200 TO DO that.
    So I'm not sure my question has been answered, as I still don't see why, or know how, to link it...
    I've just bought a car with Sat nav in, but it will be occasionally used in another car.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,030
    Revered Voyager
  • pelham89
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Thank you.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,021
     Superuser
    edited January 27
    Hi
    @pelham89
    pelham89 wrote: »
    As Vodafone is dropping the 3G network in 2023, I've also noticed that they are dropping the 2G in 2025. Am I correct in saying that this is used for TT traffic (please correct me if I'm wrong).
    Have there been any plans to address this ? , also what network are the newer models using (Go 6200 user, assuming it is still working then) Thanks
    The UK will phase out 2G and 3G mobile services by 2033
    BBC News 3G/2G Shutdown report (8/12/2021)
    Quote...
    The UK will phase out 2G and 3G mobile services by 2033, the government says.
    The switch-off date has been agreed with mobile-network operators >> Vodafone << EE, Virgin Media, O2, and Three.
    Quote...
    Here... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59583783
    Tomtom devices use a 2G Vodafone SIM for Live Traffic....
    My GO 5000, GO 6200 & GO Premium Live Traffic over SIM UK Worcestershire... All Good, No problems....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM