Does anyone have a good Tom Tom email address

OldRAFGuy
OldRAFGuy Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
Hi does anyone have a good email address for TomTom support as I have been going around in circles this morning.

I recently purchased a new device and paid for fast delivery. I have just been informed by the carriers, UPS that they have misdirected my device.

This means that I have paid for a service I have not recieved. UPS have admitted the error is their responsibility but state that it is up to Tom Tom to apply the refund..

I would like clarification and completion

The failure is not Tom Toms doing but UPS's and their inability to manage goods has caused me some aggravation.

I would just like to talk to 9a person to resolve the issue

Best Answer

Answers

• OldRAFGuy
    OldRAFGuy Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks Doug
  • Drypooldog
    Drypooldog Registered Users Posts: 11
    Apprentice Seeker
    Good afternoon

I tried the above number and it just hangs up without ringing. Have you got an email address please. The website is so stupid and skips around to different pages if you breathe on it. at 67 yers old I just want to talk to a representative.. WHY do TOM TOM not have human beings answering their telephones? So I need advice on the next best or better system than TOM TOM, I cannot put up with this charade any longer.

So anyone out there able to give me the name of a Sat Nat that does caravan pulling maps and has a Customer Service help line with humans??
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,452
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

Due to covid 19 there is no longer a phone to contact customer service.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
  • Drypooldog
    Apprentice Seeker
    By the way, I have a Pixel 5 mobile that has Google Maps on it that I now turn to when this useless piece of junk from Tom Tom throw's it's hand in, for instance when it navigated me into a field the other day.

I bought the Tom Tom for it's lifetime, not thinking the Corporates would stipulate the rules and their understanding of the word "lifetime".

They should have sold it advertised as a "flexible lifetime" the type only TOM TOM can decide...
    You buy a set of metric spanners... they last a lifetime if you look after them, however I suggest that if TOM TOM sold spanners, each year they would produce them in increments of 0.25mm and then start selling the nuts that fit their spanners !!

• Drypooldog
    Apprentice Seeker
    Has anyone sued TOM TOM yet?
  • Drypooldog
    Apprentice Seeker

I think there must be a compatible Google Product out there that can replace the corrupt "Built in Fail" Tom Tom. (If you don't buy our maps the item is doomed to fail) Well who else gets away with that, and why do they not put that in LARGE RED LETTERS on the box in the shops.??

Any ideas on a Google Maps Product or similar??
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    Hi @Drypooldog

Tomtom have declared some old TT devices obsolete however they are still honouring Lifetime maps on all those units that were sold with Lifetime Maps even if the device has been declared obsolete.

There are no phone lines to TT customer Support because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available, normal working hours Mon/Fri, you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • Graham123
    Graham123 Registered Users Posts: 31
    Master Explorer
    Based on my experience the help desk is useless the only way I got help is by writing to the CEO , and then they replied in Dutch.

Good luck
  • Drypooldog
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello DougLap (if indeed you are called Doug? or perhaps Suman Singh)

My experience of their Indian based Customer Service was abysmal, they even use English Christian names, I only had to ask 6 times "Where are you based", finally Neil Yep Good old "Neil Chatterapatti" from Calcutta, Mumbai or most probably Delhi caved in.

I was conversing with an Indian Customer Services agent who did not know what a caravan was !! I was advised to purchase a new world map and if it didn't have the caravan and car map on it, they would assist me to get a refund !!! So well done Tom Tom (Or is it Rajiv Rajiv now?)

I cannot abide the folly of listening to someone who writes "surely I will help you with this, I am a very experienced operative" One even had the balls to say "I know you are angry" - By which time I was spitting feathers. I tried to get the contact details for the Dutch Managers, however they appear to be in hiding again.... I really like the Dutch People...but Tom Tom are giving them a very bad name indeed.

It's a little like British Airways giving the UK residents a bad name, it has far reaching consequences.

And as a final comment, in my opinion, It's not COVID it was never Covid it is the Indian call centre that will be their downfall, and all I wanted was info on buying a 6 inch screen Tom Tom with a car and caravan map.. but Hey Ho! Let us see if they have the professionalism to contact me directly via email or my mobile. I am sure someone at Tom Tom reads these messages.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    Hi @Drypooldog

Doug is my name born and brought up in the U.K. before you even existed.

The Phone number I posted earlier was a working facility as it was pre Covid ie 2019. When Covid started TT, for whom I have never worked, stopped the phone line customer support and switched to Chat and messaging via their staff working from home.

I am surprised that a TT agent would suggest you buy a World Map as there is no way that would support Caravanning. Indeed TT do not support the adding of Camper based Maps to non Camping devices. Camper maps are specifically designed for that purpose and unlike the car based maps offer the facility to input vehicle details such as size and weight. Maybe a TT agent who might read this will look up your chat record and speak to the relevant agent if appropriate.

Regarding your wanting some information on a 6” device for caravanning why did you not come onto this forum and ask your questions here.

Doug
  • tonez
    tonez UKRegistered Users Posts: 9
    Master Explorer
    edited February 28
    I am getting my problem sorted Vikram is the man he needs a big raise