myvehicle

xpdiablo
xpdiablo Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 30 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
After updating my 6200 pro prior to returning to work, the myvehicle button has vanished. As a driver of large vehicles I need this to avoid low bridges etc. What has gone wrong please?

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,959
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @xpdiablo

I assume that if you go to Settings/Maps the currently selected map does not have Truck in its description and so is a Car based map. Tap on the currently selected map and see if there is a Truck map you can change too. If not then look in Add a Map for the Truck based map.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @xpdiablo

I assume that if you go to Settings/Maps the currently selected map does not have Truck in its description and so is a Car based map. Tap on the currently selected map and see if there is a Truck map you can change too. If not then look in Add a Map for the Truck based map.

Doug
  • xpdiablo
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Doug, I'll give it a go. I've been trying for 2 days now to sort this out.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @xpdiablo

If you are unable to find a Truck Map anywhere then advise here and we can ask one of the Mods to review your units setting on the TT servers on Monday.

In the meantime if you have an issue with memory availability if you are able to find a small map in the add a map option then load that and then you will be able to delete the current big map to give you space for the Truck map.

Doug
  • xpdiablo
    Apprentice Seeker
    I am currently downloading the European map as I type. I deleted it earlier today so I don't hold out much hope that this will cure my problem. I have just received notification that the download has failed. What really infuriates me is the fact that I only bought this device last September and I pay for monthly updates, which I don't mind, but I do expect my satnav to work when I need it. Could you mention that I get nothing but an error message informing me there is a problem connecting to TT services if I attempt to do an update via wifi. If I can't get this problem sorted out I will be forced to buy a Garmin on Monday.
  • xpdiablo
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Doug, just to let you know that reinstalling the european maps and switching to that map has sorted the problem out. I don't understand why it wouldn't show truck settings before though. Thank you for your assistance, it is much appreciated. Kev.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @xpdiablo

You have to select a Truck map to have the ability to input the Trucks dimension and weight detail etc.

Doug