Destination does not show which side

boljak
boljak USARegistered Users Posts: 43
Outstanding Wayfarer

I just purchased a Go Discover in the USA. I use it in New York City in my job as a commercial driver. I have a problem with the map. the map version is 21-300-0003. whenever I plan a route, more often than not, it does not show which side of the road is the destination. you can see it in the turn by turn instruction.
it's a hit or miss, sometimes it shows which side but more often, it does not. did I miss out something or is it a software glitch or is it a massive map error? I suspect it's a map error because in my go 600 it always shows what side of the road the destination is. thanks for your feedback. I hope this can be fixed asap.

Comments

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 357
    Supreme Pioneer
    do you have a picture?
  • boljak
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    0ithqtq5r3di.jpg
    s05z9zatpxza.jpg
    The first picture shows no arrow on the final destination, the second pic shows an arrow on which side destination is.
  • boljak
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    edited February 9
    Same thing with my tomtom discover 7" that i have here in USA. Samantha says you have arrived at destination. But sometimes there are addresses it knows what side it is. When i view turn by turn there is right or left arrow on the final destination. Then Samantha says "your destination is on the right (or left). I tried to reset, re update the whole map, nothing works. To go around the problem, i zoom in to the destination, click on right or left side of the street. So if i click on left side of the road, a numbered address pops up. it's either even or odd number. If it's a one way street it's ok. But if it's two way I want to drop off a passenger on the right side so he does'nt have to cross the street. So here's the scenario. My right side shows an even number 44, my dest. address is 45 so i assume its on the left side of the two way street. Now i tell the gps to go around. Settings/avoid last turn. Gps recalculates and now putsme on the opposite side.This remedy is too cumbersome. i have a via 1600 & 1500 and GO 600 and they never miss to tell me which side. Go Discover suppose to be top of the line but its predessors still outperforms it. It's 5 stars for my Go Discover once this issue is rectified.

This discussion was created from comments split from: Amigo does not tell you if the destination is on the left or right side ?.