How is that possible?

jacare60
jacare60 Registered Users Posts: 61
Renowned Trailblazer
My wife was in São Paulo and booked to go to São José do Rio Preto on the TomTom GO.
The application was configured to provide the fastest route.
It told her to follow this 5:30h and 543km route totally wrong.

v3azf3nugd0p.jpeg
When she realised she had to turn back and because of this she paid a toll twice.
I decided to create the correct route in the app to check, I had to mark a stop in Campinas and it gave the route below, wrong too, now with 5:20h and 490km.

qkqult4lste9.jpeg
To get a correct route of 4:30h and 440km I had to make two stops.

byo6d5wd1xm7.jpeg
And this is still not the fastest, which the app should show, the fastest is the one below that goes by road with higher permitted speed.

sa2uic73hb11.jpeg
This should be the first option of the app, however for this only by marking several stops.

How is that possible? Drive 100km and 1 hour longer to do the route?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited January 18
    Hi @jacare60

Due to traffic conditions like construction, Google Maps, Bing Maps, TomTom Maps all show the 5-hourpa916764rz5b.png
    thing according to this screenshot, both Windows Maps + TomTom provide a way to choose an alternative similar to your drawn line.

Maybe due to algorithms issue, can @VikramK you look into it?

Thanks,

Shawn

• jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited January 18
    Yes, in MyDrive the alternative appears, but in the GO app, no, the first option it shows is one with of 100km more of travel.
    This is the route on Maps that GO provides as the fastest route for the journey.

6qeo7idqxti4.png

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited January 18
    @jacare60

Hi again, my apologies - You will have to go to the settings in the app then go to the current route and press alternatives to find the route you desire in the GO App. Thank you :)
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

This is just an idea in the Go app settings, check that a setting > route calculation has not been checked or unchecked.
  • jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    A route was not saved, she clicked on "Go home". Why, instead of showing the best and fastest route as first option, it showed the worst and longest?
    It's not possible, it's wrong!