TomTom GO 3.1.0 on Android: How to save current to My Places?

khy
khy Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
With Android Go 3.1.0 how do you save the current location to My Places? I know the instruction (p84 of the manual) says tap current location arrow (vertical triangle) but when I do that all I get "Report Speed Camera" and the current address. There are no other options available. Pressing and holding the arrow does nothing.

With the previous version, this worked ok as I managed to save the current location before but with 3.1.0 I cannot find that functionality. Is this hidden somewhere or is missing?

Thanks.

kenny

Best Answer

• khy
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Answering my own question.

The functionality does exist and is accessible in the same way. However, find that I need to zoom in first on the vertical triangle and then the long press before the 3 vertical dots appear where I can select "Add to My Places". Without zooming in, the long press does nothing for me

kenny

Answers

• khy
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓

The functionality does exist and is accessible in the same way. However, find that I need to zoom in first on the vertical triangle and then the long press before the 3 vertical dots appear where I can select "Add to My Places". Without zooming in, the long press does nothing for me

kenny
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,954
    Superuser
    Hi @khy

For future reference if you Quickly Tap or do a longer press along the route you will get 2 difference menu option lists.

Doug
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    khy wrote: »

kenny

That is correct, at the moment this is the best way to add your current location to my places - Zoom in and long press the chevron.
    We have reported this improvement under GONAV-2025 (internal ticket for tracking).
  • SteveSpeed
    SteveSpeed Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hi I use Go on my iPhone I have found if I want to save my location, ie where I am parked. I clear my current route, then go to the map, the blue triangle represents your actual location, not where your previous route sent you to.( TomTom doesn’t seem that accurate on door numbers ) I then hold my finger on the triangle for a 3 or 4 seconds, when you lift off a black box appears with steering wheel and a box with 3 dots. Tap the 3 dots and you can add your location to places giving it a name. Or if you just tap the triangle another box appears Saying Report speed camera or add to my places. I have added pictures of both. .de1er6wnecte.png
    7rlaywmgxfqy.png
  • Aurr
    Aurr Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 18
    In my opinion, the solution presented here is more than a deterioration.
    I used to press the arrow once and the exact location where I am is exactly to the meter below my places.

Now I have to zoom the map until it is no longer possible or I run the risk of marking something else with my fat fingers while holding it down, just not where I am.

Sorry Tom Tom but you should do it the way it used to be or it still is on my real Tom Tom Navi.

If that's the progress you want to sell us, I'll have to look for another app that builds user-friendliness into the app and not out again

Mod edit: Machine translated (German)