GPRS isn't working

michelcampers_un32
michelcampers_un32 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
Hello,

Since a few days the GPRS signal from the build in Sim on my TOMTOM GO 5200 isn't working.
I already performed a hard and a soft reset but the GPRS signal remains unavailable...
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Michel

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,944
    Superuser
    Hi @michelcampers_un32

Are you checking this when out of range of your Wifi. Within range of your Wifi the Inbuilt Sim will disconnect.

Doug
  • michelcampers_un32
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Doug,

Yes I constantly use my GPS in my car and normally the built in Sim works fine but since a few days it doesn’t...

Michel
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,960
     Superuser
    Hi
    @michelcampers_un32
    You haven't stated your 'Home Country' in your profile???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • UltegraDi2
    UltegraDi2 Registered Users Posts: 36
    Master Explorer
    I'm having exactly the same problem with my 5000 and 5100 devices, and have also posted about it.
    There's obviously something going on, so surely someone knows what?
  • MICHELDILLEN
    MICHELDILLEN Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi YamFazMan,
    I live in Belgium
  • MICHELDILLEN
    Apprentice Traveler
    A year ago they were able to re-activate de sim (SERVICE) ,now they ve been doing nothing for a few weeks , and for me very peculiar, the two devices :a 5200 and a premium, can t use de service,this almost starting around the same time !
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,900
    Revered Voyager
    Salut

there is currently a traffic information connection problem in this country.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @MICHELDILLEN
    See Quote from @ViramK (Moderator)
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @odef
    We have a ticket opened for over-the-air services not working in Belgium. The issue is being investigated.
    Could you report this to our customer service team, please?

Thanks,
    Vikram
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1793829/#Comment_1793829

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • michelcampers_un32
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi,

I'm also living in Belgium and have two devices 5200. On one device the GPRS is not working and on the other device the GPRS works perfectly.
    So I'm afraid it is a device related problem and not a problem of the "over the air services" in Belgium.
  • acolsandra
    acolsandra Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited January 12
    My Go5200 has the same problem in the Netherlands, it all started after the last update last week. My Tomtom received a new very big update today, it is downloading and installing now, hopefully that will solve the problem.
  • mrosengren
    mrosengren Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same issue, but in Sweden. It used to worked but this week it didn't. The device says the GPRS is disconnected. The traffic information works when I'm connected to my WIFI network but not when the WIFI is out of reach. I have tried to reset the device to factory default several times, but it didn't work.
  • TTDisc
    TTDisc Registered Users Posts: 12
    Master Explorer
    I read somewhere that providers are stopping with GPRS. Also 3G will stop in a short time in some countries. Maybe that is the problem and the reason that the new TT has no simcard.

TTDisc
  • mrosengren
    mrosengren Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    TTDisc wrote: »
    I read somewhere that providers are stopping with GPRS. Also 3G will stop in a short time in some countries. Maybe that is the problem and the reason that the new TT has no simcard.

TTDisc

If that's the case one would think that the Tom Tom support team would have reached out to their customers with an explanation.
  • oculus50
    oculus50 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I have a Tomtom premium go X and another go too. Both have the same problem The traffic info doesn't switch on. Only after +- 20min it works and after certain time he switch off again Very inconvenient because I mostly drive from the Belgian coast to Antwerp and I need in time to know if I have to drive via totally different roads to avoid the Kennedy tunnel in Antwerp I happen in the car so there is no WIFI around Delete the present route and switch the TomTom totally off and on doesn't help. I don't think there is a trick to push the system to switch the traffic control on ? Is the ticket above for the support team solved ?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    @oculus50

You are in Belgium there is a problem with live services a ticket has been opened currently no return if the bug has been fixed.
  • Luismi_1984
    Luismi_1984 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Willy875 wrote: »
    a ticket has been opened

Are there any news concerning the open ticket?
    I have seen in other threads references to that ticket, but I do not see anything related to solutions.
  • michelcampers_un32
    Apprentice Seeker
    GPRS is working abroad but not in Belgium.
    Any one knows how to contact TomTom customer support?
    Thanks
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    @michelcampers_un32

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
  • MICHELDILLEN
    Apprentice Traveler
    After send my Go 5200 to repair service TOMTOM i got it back , they put in a new sim card , strange it still not working , and receive it back with much older map of Europe? And in the info map ,you dont see imei or imei information? Before sending it was there ,
    Now an other problem to, I got it back whit 52 updates possible, and speed cameras (7mb)still stop at 99% .Soft reset or factory reset dont help, my drive dont remove this error , and not possible to remove anything ,not with wifi or pc connected !
  • winerwalker
    winerwalker Registered Users Posts: 12
    Apprentice Traveler
    I’ve had the same problem since at least November ‘21. I was told they were aware of a problem with their GPRS provider. I chased support over and over and eventually they accepted my GO5000 back for free “repair” - though it works fine except for the GPRS/SIM problem. It’s on its way back to Romania at the moment so I don’t know if they will fix it or not.
    Seems to be a widespread problem with TT, not with individual devices.
  • martin8310--
    martin8310-- Registered Users Posts: 13
    Master Explorer
    edited March 14
    meanwhile we are already March 12th, but there is still no solution. It really is an urgent problem to solve. I have a go premium x.
    has not worked since December (GPRS) and will buy me another brand, because I really need this verkkertraffic.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)
  • michelcampers_un32
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited March 14
    Have 2 identical TomTom Go 5200 and with 1 the GPRS still works in Belgium and with the other the GPRS only works abroad but no longer in Belgium.
    It is therefore not a "GPRS coverage problem" in Belgium, but it is indeed device-bound.
    I am therefore very disappointed in TomTom's customer service because no solution has been offered until now.

• martin8310--
    martin8310-- Registered Users Posts: 13
    Master Explorer
    edited March 28
    still no solution, is really a laughing matter of tomtom services, which nothing is done about it. Selling expensive equipment is all that matters apparently.

• Bert1978
    Bert1978 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Last week my GO PREMIUM X didn't connect to GPRS in the Netherlands.
    What's strange is the RTC date its saying the year is 1972 :pensive:
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited May 21
    Hi
    @Bert1978
    Welcome to the site....
    When you boot onto the devices Black/White info page... The date showing for the RTC is the date embedded into the RTC (Real Time Clock) Chip during manufacture....
    During the GPS First Fix... The device gets the true time/date from the on-board Clocks on the Satellites....

GPRS SIM connection on the Tomtom Live devices....
    There are 3 Data connection options that can have a higher/priority/override the Built-in GPRS SIM....
    To check the Data Connection status....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About…
    Scroll down to Data Connection & GPRS Status....
    What does the device report...???

For further Info...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1752190/#Comment_1752190

Stay Safe... ATB YFM