How can I use my free upgrade of 3 years traffic?

nigelbbb
nigelbbb Registered Users Posts: 111
Supreme Navigator
I bought the TomTom iPhone app many years ago but this got replaced with TomTom GO Mobile with the incentive to replace the old app we were offered 3 years free traffic. My last traffic subscription is about to expire but I now cannot use the 3 years traffic subscription as I cannot download TomTom GO Mobile as it appears that this in turn has been replaced by a new TomTom app for iPhone.

What do I need to do to use my 3 years free traffic subscription?

Best Answer

Answers

• nigelbbb
    Supreme Navigator
    I've clicked on the Free upgrade button in the old app then get prompted to login to my TomTom account. I then get prompted to enter my thumbprint (Touch ID to Get) then it says "Processing Payment" but then I get the message box that says:-

You cannot get In-App Purchases for this app
    You can only get In-App Purchases for apps associated with your Apple ID

• nigelbbb
    Supreme Navigator
    Can anybody help me?

I bought monthly traffic update subscriptions for TomTom Navigator Western Europe until August 2017 & stacked up enough months in advance so it only just expired. Back in 2017 the TomTom Go Mobile replacement was no substitute for the original app so I didn't upgrade then as I didn't want to use up my 3 years free subscription on an inferior app. I was happy with the old app & had paid £1.99/month for the traffic subscription so had no reason to upgrade. Now that I want to take advantage of the 3 year free subscription it doesn't work.
  • Melive1
    Melive1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    I have had the TomTom paid app which I bought for £39.99. It shows me I can upgrade to 3 years free. Because the up has changed. But it won’t let me process the in app. Can someone help me please. I have just bought iPhone 13 and I can download the old version like I have done before. From a link on this site. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,020
    Revered Voyager
    The old version is no longer available on Tomtom now it is the new version Tomtom go which is available.
    Download from Apple store.
  • Melive1
    Melive1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Thank you for your reply. I have downloaded the new iOS app for tomtom. But don’t know how to get my free 3 year upgrade in the tomtom go app.
    In the old version of the app I can’t get past the in app purchase stage.it shows get your free upgrade. It keeps trying to activate and says retry.
    Even though in app purchase works fine with all other app. Any other method or getting my free 3 year upgrade ? Or I’m a doing something wrong.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,020
    Revered Voyager
    The migration to the free 3 years is no longer available; you need to buy the new app.