How to pair the BLE HR SZ999 with an Android phone using TomTom Sports app

123radmer
123radmer Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My phone 'sees' the Heartrate device, but cannot connect. In the sportapp, trying to pair the device fails.

Best Answer

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    If it is a BT HR strap you can use it but not with the TomTom Sports app as that is not a monitoring app. You would need an app like Wahoo, Strava or something else meant to record activities and pair through the app.

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    You do not pair devices with the app, just the watch. The app is strictly for uploading and viewing activities, you cannot do activities with the app in the absence of the watch. You need to pair the device with the watch and be aware that if you have a device already paired with your phone it will not also pair with the watch - it is a one-to-one relationship.
  • 123radmer
    New Seeker
    So I cannot use the heartrate monitor without a watch? I bought it secondhand and hoped to use it during my indoor bike excersise, using an app on my phone to see my heartrate.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    If it is a BT HR strap you can use it but not with the TomTom Sports app as that is not a monitoring app. You would need an app like Wahoo, Strava or something else meant to record activities and pair through the app.
  • 123radmer
    New Seeker
    The Newby got it working through the Wahoo app! Thanks.