Do I need to pay VAT and customs duties?

clochy
clochy Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
I have ordered a GO Discover satnav in UK deliveries. do I need to pay VAT and customs duties
Tagged:

Best Answers

• skull66
    skull66 Registered Users Posts: 52
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, @clochy , I ordered my device on 12/01/21 and received it approx 3 weeks later, no customs or vat was owing, if I can find where I hid my paperwork I will post what it said, but the price I paid online was all that I paid with no hidden extra charges.

Answers

• skull66
    skull66 Registered Users Posts: 52
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, @clochy , I ordered my device on 12/01/21 and received it approx 3 weeks later, no customs or vat was owing, if I can find where I hid my paperwork I will post what it said, but the price I paid online was all that I paid with no hidden extra charges.
  • clochy
    clochy Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks skull66, I am sure the UK TomTom community will be relieved by your experience after having read horror stories in the media about having to pay extra on goods coming from abroad.
  • dave798
    dave798 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    please be aware I ordered tomtom go 6250 from their website and have today been sent a bill from UPS for £64.74 which they state needs to be paid before delivery can be made
  • Mrwells4Q
    Mrwells4Q Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I’ve picked my satnav up from UPS today and i had to pay £83. Says nowhere about extra charges. I’d already emailed before but responded with what I’ve paid as my first question wasn’t answered. Not thrilled about it
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,887
    Revered Voyager
    Mrwells4Q wrote: »
    I’ve picked my satnav up from UPS today and i had to pay £83. Says nowhere about extra charges. I’d already emailed before but responded with what I’ve paid as my first question wasn’t answered. Not thrilled about it

Normally no, you will not have to pay any additional costs, your best bet is to contact Tomtom customer service.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560