GO 6000 "No Maps Available" "Not enough memory" Does not recognise sd card

Kev369
Kev369 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hello, I had problem with my Scandisk 32gb micro sd card. I formatted the card (the slow way), in order to download my maps (Europe) again. Now my Go 6000 just has a blank screen with an orange banner across saying "No Maps Available". I cannot download the Europe map as it says "Not enough memory" and won't recognise the sd card. I have tried all the tech tips and followed all the video's with no success. I read on a post something about needing a small map to download first. Unfortunately I only have Europe which is obviously to large. Please can you help, I am tearing my hair out!

Best Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,024
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Kev369
    Welcome to the community! I have activated a different version of the map for your GO 6000. This version should be offered in smaller map countries/regions.

To get the device working, remove the SD card and try installing a smaller map to the internal memory of the device.

Once you have a map installed, you can insert the memory card and then try installing other map regions based on your travel preference.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,894
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    formatted the SD with the computer

format the SD in the GPS

if still the problem buy a new SD

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,024
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Kev369
    Welcome to the community! I have activated a different version of the map for your GO 6000. This version should be offered in smaller map countries/regions.

To get the device working, remove the SD card and try installing a smaller map to the internal memory of the device.

Once you have a map installed, you can insert the memory card and then try installing other map regions based on your travel preference.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,894
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    formatted the SD with the computer

format the SD in the GPS

if still the problem buy a new SD
  • Kev369
    Kev369 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi VikramK & Willy75
    Thanks for all the help and support. I initially downloaded a small map of Iceland, which cured the "No Maps" issue. However, the device still didn't recognise the SD card. Because I could now get into the settings, I formatted the SD card as suggested. Still no joy, so I decided to use the Reset option in settings. This did the trick! I downloaded the Europe map onto the SD card and the GO 6000 is alive once more. Many thanks.