Trucker 6000 flat/dead

1royp1
1royp1 Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
Went completely flat. Replaced battery, got new screen mount and cable but seems unable to charge either via mount or micro usb socket on device. Using known good apple mains charger. tomtom logo flashes up when connecting to power then shows red battery then nothing. Totmtom support have suggested charging without mount on computer for 2-3 hours, not worked either. 6 years old is it knackered or can I get this working again???
Tagged:

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,006
    Revered Voyager
    With a dead battery, I prefer to charge the GPS on a 2 hour mains charger than on a USB computer.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,960
    Superuser
    Hi @1royp1

When you have charged it I suggest you try Pressing and Holding in the ON?OFF button for 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound. When you here the sound then let the button go.

Did you change the battery as well. If not then that may be an idea.

Doug
  • 1royp1
    New Seeker
    Have charged overnight on mains charger with and without mount. Battery has been replaced.
    When starting up holding button get to black screen with all device details, did show battery at 13% but now won't start at all. When starting just get tomtom logo then a picture of a red battery outline in middle of screen and does nothing else
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,006
    Revered Voyager
    Looks like your battery is not charging, have you tried with another cable.
  • 1royp1
    New Seeker
    Yes have brand new cable and screen mount. When plugging in tomtom logo flashes
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,960
    Superuser
    Hi @1royp1

Try holding On/Off button again but releasing when you hear drumroll sound as you have held the button in longer to get the white writing. Taking your finger off button when I suggests starts a Reset.

Doug
  • 1royp1
    New Seeker
    No longer get drum roll just logo and red dead battery symbol