Live traffic and radars not working symbol with car and cross in right corner (Belgium)

odef
odef Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
Bought a new tomtom go premium. Apparently the buildin sim isn't working. Have a symbol with car and small cross in the upper corner. Allready did a factory reset. ZSxxxxxxxxx77

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,059
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,
    A fix for over-the-air service not working in Belgium was deployed in the last month, we have been monitoring the situation since, and we haven't seen any new reports.

Our team has decided to close the ticket- CCARE-3257

Let us know if you face any connectivity issue going forward. I will keep the discussion thread open for a few days.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,960
    Revered Voyager

Check back later the moderator @VikramK will look at your account and assign the service to you.
  • VikramK
    Hi @odef
    Welcome to the community!
    The services on your device look okay. I would recommend doing another factory reset followed by a soft reset -> Log in to your TomTom account on the device - > Check if the device is able to establish a connection.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • odef
    Apprentice Traveler
    @vikramk Hello, yesterday it was working indeed. Today again the cross and also in the settings no live traffic found. Can't connect to my drive neither via the sim. Allready did 2 factory resets and soft reser. Kr
  • odef
    Apprentice Traveler
    @VikramK , Hello I was a week in France and everything worked fine. Once back in Belgium (yesterday) I got again the cross and no more live traffic updates. I did a factory reset and a soft reset, but without any result. Any suggestions? thanks
  • VikramK
    Hi @odef
    We have a ticket opened for over-the-air services not working in Belgium. The issue is being investigated.
    Could you report this to our customer service team, please?

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • Ero
    Ero Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    edited January 17
    Hello,
    I have the same problem...
    Since mid-December Traffic Live on Premium no longer works in Belgium, but in Luxembourg and Germany no problem.
    TomTom Go 6100 no problem, Live Traffic function by any...
    no solution?
  • Luismi_1984
    Luismi_1984 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hello,

Same issue here.
    No GPRS working in Belgium.
    Is there an update on this topic?
    I see that it's ongoing for several weeks already.
  • MarSmig
    MarSmig Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same problem, I have navigation 6250, Live traffic for life. It works in every country I've been to except Belgium. In the navigation settings I read that being in Belgium I do not have access to GPRS and traffic live services.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,996
     Superuser
    edited February 4
    Hi
    @MarSmig
    See Post from @VikramK (Tomtom Forum Support Staff)
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1793829/#Comment_1793829
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,951
    Superuser
    Hi @MarSmig

If your Mobile phone has a Personal Hotspot facility have you tried connecting the GO6250 ‘s Wifi to it. This may give you the Traffic Data etc although it will use a little of any data allowance you have.

Doug
  • MarSmig
    MarSmig Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    @DougLap
    with wifi from phone traffic works, but it's not supposed to look like this, I bought 6250 to have navigation board with everything I paid for.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @MarSmig

I appreciate that hence my comment that this will result in data use. However it is a solution re getting the Traffic info whilst the current situation in Belgium is hopefully sorted.

Doug
  • Mannes
    Mannes Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have the same problem with a GO Premium. Here the GPRS status is always: no connection
    Now my older GO 5000 has no problem. This one has always a good GPRS connection.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,960
    Revered Voyager
    In my opinion if your Go 5000 manages to connect your Go Premium should also connect have you tried to reset the device to factory values.
  • Mannes
    Mannes Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have tried multiple software and hardware resets but this did not help.
    There is no GPRS connection.
  • mariobroske
    mariobroske Registered Users Posts: 13
    Legendary Explorer
    Hi all,

I suppose the gprs problem in Belgium is already brought to the attention of Tomtom's customer service several times now.
    Did anyone get a reply? Is the cause of the problem been found yet?

I have a TomTom GO Camper (GO6200) and the gprs with the sim card works fine abroad, except in Belgium.
    Before the purchase, it was the gprs function that made me decide to pick the tomtom over the garmin.
    But the gprs data connection has been more a hassle then a blessing. From day one of the purchase, contacted Customer Service... factory reset .... no gprs ... returned the device ... new device ... same issues .... Customer Servic... factory reset .... worked .... for some time .... fail again ....factory reset .... yes works again .... now ... factory reset ... factory reset ... no go ... cross the border with the Netherlands .... yes works again .... back in Belgium .... fail ... fail .....
    I'm quit fed up with TomTom.

Mario
  • martin8310--
    martin8310-- Registered Users Posts: 13
    Master Explorer
    edited February 13
    same problem here with my go premium x . GPRS does not connect and this for several weeks / months. No problem at all in Germany. Had bought this device especially for traffic traffic (liftime abo), but yes, it does not work.

martin
  • TOMTOM_6200
    TOMTOM_6200 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited February 13
    We now have several of these types in use, but only this one is currently causing problems. Normally you can fix that by a hard reset and that they check / update something at tomtom, but just this weekend so maybe someone from tomtom is here who can check that. (thought something with a reset that would cause the system to reconnect)
  • Carthago_Mike
    Carthago_Mike MolRegistered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    Services still not working on Go Camper, is there any light at the end of this tunnel ?
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited February 17
    Hi
    @Carthago_Mike
    On the GO Camper... Startup screen bottom left... Check...
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Data Connection....
    If the data connection displayed is Wi-Fi, USB or Bluetooth....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1752190/#Comment_1752190
    Turn off the disruptive Wi-Fi, USB or Bluetooth data connection or connections

Recheck GPRS Status....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to GPRS Status

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Carthago_Mike
    Carthago_Mike MolRegistered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    @YamFazMan,

No, tried everything already , the problem persist in Belgium, no GPRS signal here, know issue, thanks
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Carthago_Mike
    Ahh, you haven't stated your Home Country (Belgium) in your forum profile....
    It's a known problem in Belgium (Under investigation)....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • AlanhampsteadNW3
    AlanhampsteadNW3 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    No GPRS Traffic signals in the UK. Have tried resetting a number of times - all to no avail. I have a Tom tom 6000 which cannot be connected to my iphone. When I put my Tom tom on my computer it shows Traffic etc BUT when it's in my car - NOTHING! So upset with the lack of support from TOM TOM
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @AlanhampsteadNW3

Lets see what @VikramK has to say tomorrow after he has checked your units settings on the TT servers.

If he finds they are okay and you have done both Soft Resets or used the Reset Device in Menu/Settings/System/Reset `device without resolving the issue then as the unit is out of warrantee you could try the following.

Some of the Inbuilt Mobile Sims have been known to become corroded on their contacts. If you very very carefully remove the serial number label, so can use it again to replace it afterwards, on the bottom of the device you will find the sim underneath. Carefully using very fine tweezers and seeking to avoid any static, pulll the sim out and replace it a few times. Also you may try carefully rubbing then cleaning the sims contacts with a pencil rubber. Some have found the service has been restored by this technique.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @AlanhampsteadNW3
    When your GO 6000 is connected to your PC you are receiving Traffic over USB & MyDrive Connect....
    Further to Doug's Post....
    Maybe useful....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1790851/#Comment_1790851

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
This discussion has been closed.